Nursing Assistant (Carer) - Hospice at Home
Nursing,Health & Social Care
£17,238 -£18,330 pro rata, plus salary enhancements and paid mileage. NHS PENSION TRANSFERABLE
Hours of Work:
Up to 37.5 hours per week. Full & part-time hours available. Day shifts available.
Up to £18,330 pro rata
St John’s Hospice, Moggerhanger, Bedford MK44 3RJ
We have excellent opportunities for experienced carers to join our busy but very friendly community team at St John’s Hospice. If you are an enthusiastic and committed carer who is interested in a rewarding career within palliative care we'd like to hear from you!
St John’s Palliative Care Hub provides palliative care 24 hours a day, seven days a week for individuals with a life-limiting condition who choose to receive care at home.
The Palliative Care Hub works together with local care providers, GPs, district nurses, specialist nurses, the ambulance service and other health and social care professionals to coordinate and provide the best possible care.
• Salary up to £18,330 pa pro rata
• **Competitive enhanced pay for nights (30%), weekends (45%) and public holidays (60%)**
• *Continuation of NHS pension*
• *Mileage paid*
• Company pension scheme
• 25 days holiday - rising to 30 with length of service plus bank holidays
• Option to buy and sell up to five days holiday
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
• Enhanced sick pay
• Paid qualifications
• Corporate discount with hundreds of retailers and services
• Staff discount of 15% on new goods online at shop.sueryder.org
• Season ticket loan
• Cash referral bonus scheme
• Salary sacrifice car scheme
• Online Wellbeing Centre
• Free Will writing service
• Staff finance loans
• Free onsite parking
• Free uniform
• Carers leave policy
• Subsidised onsite meals and drinks
• Structured induction programme and learning and development opportunities
As one of our Nursing Assistants you will be part of a team offering advice, support and end of life care to patients, their families and carers, either over the phone or in their home. Your role will make a real difference in supporting patients to have choice about where they are cared for, and in providing the excellent palliative care they need.
To join us as a Nursing Assistant, you’ll need:
• Experience of providing care
• Experience of working in a team
• Strong IT skills, including proficiency in MS Word, the internet and email
• A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle is essential
• Strong communication skills and an empathetic approach
You can work on a full time or part time basis. Shifts include days, nights and weekends.
Sue Ryder supports people through the most difficult times of their lives. Whether that’s a terminal illness, the loss of a loved one or a neurological condition – we’re there when it matters. Our doctors, nurses and carers give people the compassion and expert care they need to help them live the best life they possibly can.
We’re a national charity and with the help of our 11,000 volunteers, 450 shops, our dedicated staff and supporters, we provided over 2.5 million hours of care last year.
St John’s Hospice is a Sue Ryder Hospice which is situated in calm and beautiful surroundings. It has 15 inpatient beds, with a team of highly skilled medical and nursing staff dedicated to providing the both physical and emotional support to those requiring palliative and end of life care. By relieving symptoms such as pain, breathlessness and nausea, our specialist teams endeavour to make individuals as comfortable as possible. Our therapy, family support and spiritual care teams are also there to care to provide holistic care for patients, their family and friends.
Sue Ryder are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
It takes a special sort of person to join our team so if you could see yourself as one of our Nursing Assistants, please apply via the button shown.
Post subject to DBS & satisfactory references