Social Media Manager - London/Homebased
Marketing & Communications
£33,000 pa plus competitive benefits package
Are you passionate about social media and interested in a pivotal role to lead the development of the charity’s channels to showcase the importance of Sue Ryder’s palliative, neurological and bereavement support? Apply to join the Digital team as Social Media Manager.
Reporting to the Senior Digital Manager, the role involves close liaison with teams from across the organisation – particularly Fundraising, Health & Social Care, and Retail. The role will be responsible for leading the strategic development of Sue Ryder’s busy social media channels, with the support of two direct reports – the Social Media Officer and Digital Officer (Retail).
• Develop and embed the existing social media strategy to bring consistent and joined-up approach, with strong brand messaging across our national, regional and retail social media channels (around 25 individual channels of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Pinterest).
• Devise new ways of working to streamline proactive content planning and scheduling across the team, working particularly with our local fundraising and regional marketing teams to coordinate content.
• Ensure that our social media content is high quality, story-led and supports relevant communications, fundraising, retail strategies and campaigns.
• Design, implement and embed ongoing reporting processes to help us continually evaluate our approach to social media, ensuring our channels are regularly optimised and that this insight informs future strategy and direction.
• Provide training and support to colleagues and team across the organisation to improve understanding of how Sue Ryder uses social media and how it can be beneficial to their own activity.
An excellent digital copywriter with attention to detail and intermediate level Photoshop or other creative design skills, you will have demonstrable experience of managing a large portfolio of social media and paid marketing campaigns, optimising for appropriate metrics and objectives. You will need strong experience of content planning and coordination tools, sourcing and editing content, and you will be able to efficiently work across a multi-disciplinary team to prioritise projects and content for relevant channels. Working as the team lead, you will have excellent interpersonal and line management skills, with an enthusiasm for digital communication and the passion to succeed in this role.
Interviews:- w/c 28th September