Are you experienced at managing or supervising a team within the retail sector? Are you passionate on delivering great customer service? If so, come and join one of the UK’s most recognisable charities and contribute to the work we do across Sue Ryder - be part of our team at our new Superstore - opening January 2019!
Our New Superstore in Bude will cover a vast floor space of 5500 by 6000 square feet. Our store will be fully stocked of various furniture items, priced at £50 or less; plus a variety of donated goods for eager bargain-hunters with all items price ranged at £3, £2 & £1. Remember that you could often be moving stock – which may involve lifting heavy goods or furniture.
The key responsibilities include:
• Managing a team of paid staff and volunteers alongside the manager to ensure they receive ongoing support and training to assist you in providing an excellent customer experience
• Proactively maintain a well merchandised shop that pushes the boundaries and goes above and beyond your customers’ individual expectations
• Encourage regular inbound donated goods, including furniture and white goods for the shop, managing the stock processing, pricing and display
• Work with Area Managers to achieve various objectives and targets relating to productivity and income
You will have retail experience with the commercial awareness to deliver sales. You’ll have a positive attitude and good judgement to do the right thing. A basic understanding of finance and good IT skills are essential. Above all else you will have a positive can do attitude combined with the ambition to succeed in making a difference.
Experience and Skills:
• Experience managing or supervising a team
• Retail experience
• Experience of working in a team
• Handles payments by cash, card or cheque responsibly and accurately
• Able to use own initiative and work autonomously
*Competitive Benefits Package* – 25 days holiday rising to 30 with length of service plus bank holidays, option to buy and sell up to five days holiday, company pension scheme, staff discount with thousands of retailers, enhanced maternity pay, staff discount of 15% on new goods online at shop.sueryder.org and lots more. Please visit our careers website for the full list.
A little bit about us... We are one of the largest charity retailers in the UK with over 450 shops. Our highly effective retail operation generates funding so we can continue to provide 2.7 million hours of expert medical, practical and emotional support every year, in our hospices and neurological centres, in people's homes and in the community. Our much-loved presence on high streets across the country - with a range of new and innovative shops, including boutiques, vintage and retro shops, and large format stores, we want to continue drive up the income that our retail operations generate.
Access to free parking will be available for this role.