Bank Staff Nurse - Nights
Bamber Bridge, Preston PR5 6AZ, UK
From £13.09 plus enhancements Closing Date
Sunday, May 27, 2018 View Advert
About the Job
We are looking for enthusiastic and flexible Registered Nurses interested in the challenging and rewarding field of neurological care. This role focuses on the provision of direct care to people in a long term neurological care setting.
• Assess needs, plan, implement and evaluate evidence-based nursing care
• Provide healthcare advice through educating patients, carers and families
• Carry out clinical nursing procedures
• Work collaboratively with other members of the health and social care team
• Contribute to the dissemination of good practice by participating in teaching and learning opportunities
To join us at NHS Band 5 equivalent you'll have had post-registration experience, ideally in the field of specialist neurological care. Appropriate diploma level Neurological Care modules or equivalent would be desirable. A dual qualification in either mental health or learning disability nursing would be an advantage but more importantly we want to hear from dedicated nurses with sound clinical skills who are keen to make a real difference.
The great benefit about being on the talent bank is the flexibility it provides for both you and the Charity. You have control work to fit in with your lifestyle. You must be flexible with excellent people skills and be a team player.
- 8.00 pm to 6.00 am (nights) 30%
- Friday midnight to Sunday midnight (weekends) 45%
- Public Holidays 24 hours midnight to midnight 60%
• Free onsite parking
• Subsidised meals
• NHS Pension continuation / Private pension matched at either 3% or 5% / Auto enrolment pension scheme
• 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
• PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services that can amount to an average annual saving of £350
Location: Cuerden Hall, Shady Lane, Bamber Bridge, Preston PR5 6AZ.
Cuerden hall is within walking distance from 2 train stations and local busses will also take you close to site.
Cuerden Hall is a Sue Ryder specialist neurological care centre based in Lancashire, caring for people aged 18 and over who have life-changing conditions affecting the brain and nervous system. We are here for people with degenerative conditions such as motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis and Huntington's - as well as those with acquired conditions resulting from a brain or spinal injury or stroke. We offer a huge range of support, from long-term residential care centre where each room is specially adapted to make moving and handling easier, to day services to help people remain independent at home.
At Sue Ryder not only do we treat more conditions than any other UK charity in our hospices, neurological care centres and out in the community; we also campaign to improve the lives of people living with them. We see the person, not the condition, taking time to understand the small things that help that person live the fullest life they can. Our shops, fundraising and volunteers support us to be there for people at the most difficult time of their lives.
To learn more about joining this incredible team, please apply now or email Sian Dodunski - @: email@example.com or call 07970 771294.
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED