£7.92 - £8.32 p/h plus excellent enhancements Closing Date
Tuesday, June 5, 2018 View Advert
About the Job
Our tenants have neurological conditions and Physical needs. A senior support worker is required to provide support to our tenants so they may lead an independent life of excellent quality in the comfort of their home.
• Provide personal care appropriate to individuals’ needs, which includes manual handling, bathing, shaving, dressing, toileting.
• Issue/prompt tenants with medication in accordance with policies and procedures, including logging, checking and recording drugs as well as ensuring their security.
• Tenants may require support from staff with matters such as laundry and cleaning. General household cleaning duties are undertaken to provide a homely environment that
also complies with Health & Safety Legislation.
• Meal planning and preparation is undertaken either with or for tenants, dependent on their need.
• Work early, late and waking night shift pattern: flexibility required due to tenants needs and to be able to cover staff absences.
• To escort and support tenants in the community on various activities. This may include preparations for the service user’s needs, i.e., lunch, medication, money etc
• Recording details of activities and passing on relevant information verbally to other staff.
A Level 2 qualification in Health & Social Care is required as well as experience working with people in a supported living setting who have physical disabilities.
Our bungalow has four bedrooms for tenants and an additional room for use as a staff facility. The bungalow is situated in a popular area of town close to Ipswich Hospital and only a 10-minute drive to the town centre. There is a large kitchen and dining area, with a large lounge area plus a conservatory and patio. It’s perfect for socialising with other tenants or for when family or friends visit. There's also a large, well-maintained garden - great for enjoying the sunshine..
Location: The Chantry, Bixley Road, Ipswich, Suffolk IP2 0BP
Hours: 34.5 hours p/w. Shift work on rotation including nights/weekends
Benefits: *Generous Enhancements for weekends and unsocial hours *Continuation of NHS pension Option to buy and sell up to five days holiday * Private Pension matched at either 3% or 5% * Auto enrolment pension scheme * Development opportunities for all
For more information or to arrange an informal visit, please call Alana Page, Community Services Operations Manager, on 01473 295200.
Not only do we want to put personalisation at the heart of our care provision, but it’s also at the heart of our organisation, in our people, and in what we do. Every single one of our people is different and it's our variety that makes us interesting.
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED