Want to recycle, upcycle or just cycle? That's just some of the reasons our customers love us! From bric-a-brac to bikes, furniture, vinyl, CDs, clothing and electricals - Our Sue Ryder shops have it all!
You'll collect and deliver goods for our shops - which will involve moving heavy furniture and other large items. You'll be representing our organisation when you're out and about, so it's important that you're friendly and polite, whether you're picking up stock from a member of the public or talking to a colleague. You'll also be responsible for the upkeep of your vehicle, so you'll need to check your van regularly and make sure it's well maintained.
Other responsibilities include:
• Responsible for the collection and delivery of stock between shops within agreed timescales as agreed with the Retail Area Manager/Shop Manager
• To undertake collections/deliveries of donated stock/furniture to/from customers as required
• Ensure completion and compliance for all admin processes, reports and paperwork relating to Health and Safety, vehicle checks, fuel purchases, customer/donor data protection and Gift Aid
To join us, you need to be an experienced van driver at driving large commercial vehicles and also have a full clean UK driving licence. You'll be used to handling furniture and other large items, with the ability to train an assistant if necessary. With these talents, you'll deliver retail excellence to grow income and make a difference to Sue Ryder Healthcare and the people we support.
Experience and Skills:
• Experience of driving a commercial vehicle
• Experience of multi-site collections & deliveries carried out in a timely manner
• Experience in handling furniture and/or large domestic appliances
*Competitive Benefits Package* – 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata), buy and sell holiday scheme, private pension, staff discount with thousands of retailers, enhanced maternity pay, 15% off New Goods and lots more. Please visit our website for the full list.
A little bit about us... We are one of the largest charity retailers in the UK with over 450 shops. Our highly effective retail operation generates funding so we can continue to provide 2.7 million hours of expert medical, practical and emotional support every year, in our hospices and neurological centres, in people's homes and in the community. Our much-loved presence on high streets across the country - with a range of new and innovative shops, including boutiques, vintage and retro shops, and large format stores, we want to continue drive up the income that our retail operations generate.
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED