Staff Nurse - Palliative Care
Nettlebed, Henley-on-Thames RG9, UK
£23,517 - £26,325 Plus excellent enhancements and benefits Closing Date
Thursday, May 31, 2018 View Advert
About the Job
At Nettlebed Hospice based in Henley, we work hard to ensure our staff enjoy coming to work. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team rated as Outstanding by the CQC in delivering high quality palliative and end of life care, to patients and their families living with life limiting disease.
Full time and Part time positions available.
• Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised care using evidence based guidelines
• Liaise with the multidisciplinary team over service user care
• Maintain all records in line with corporate policies and procedures
• Carry out all clinical procedures in line with Sue Ryder policies
• Ensure the care team provide all care in line with the multi professional evidence based care plan
Ideally you'll have had post-registration experience in specialist Palliative and End of Life Care with an appropriate diploma level qualification but more importantly we want to hear from dedicated nurses with sound clinical skills who are keen to make a real difference.
• Competitive pay rates
o 8.00 pm to 6.00 am (nights) 30%
o Friday midnight to Sunday midnight (weekends) 45%
o Public Holidays 24 hours midnight to midnight 60%
• Continuation of NHS pension
• 25 days holiday rising to 30 plus bank holidays pro rata
• Option to buy and sell holiday up to five days
• Private pension matched at either 3% or 5%
• Enhanced Maternity Benefits
• Refer a friend scheme
• Carers leave policy
• 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
• PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services that can amount to an average annual saving of GBP 350
• Staff discount of 15% on new goods at the online shop
• Childcare Vouchers
• Development opportunities for all
Location: Nettlebed Hospice, Henley-on-Thames, RG9 5DF. The River Rapids X38 bus takes you very close to the Hospice.
At Nettlebed Hospice, we provide incredible palliative care for people with life-limiting conditions, helping people live as well as possible with the effects of their condition by offering symptom management and support from a team of multi skilled healthcare professionals. Nettlebed Hospice has an inpatient unit with 12 beds, located either in single rooms or single-sex rooms of two or three beds. These are all on the first floor and look out onto our wonderful grounds.
Not only do we treat more conditions than any other UK charity in our hospices, neurological care centres and out in the community; we also campaign to improve the lives of people living with them. We see the person, not the condition, taking time to understand the small things that help that person live the fullest life they can. Our shops, fundraising and volunteers support us to be there for people at the most difficult time of their lives.
To learn more about joining this incredible team and becoming a Sue Ryder Nurse, please apply now or email Sian Dodunski - @: email@example.com or call 07970 771294
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED