Staff Nurses - Bank - Duchess of Kent Hospice
£12.06 - £13.21 plus excellent enhancements Closing Date
Thursday, June 14, 2018 View Advert
About the Job
We are looking for dedicated registered nurses to join our professional and friendly Bank and make a real difference. If you are an enthusiastic, committed nurse looking to develop your knowledge in specialist palliative care with an expert national charity, then this may be the job for you.
We are looking for people who are able to work a minimum of 2-3 shifts per month.
• Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised care using evidence based guidelines
• Liaise with the multidisciplinary team over service user care
• Maintain all records in line with corporate policies and procedures
• Carry out all clinical procedures in line with Sue Ryder policies
• Ensure the care team provide all care in line with the multi professional evidence based care plan
Ideally you'll have had post-registration experience in specialist Palliative and End of Life Care with an appropriate diploma level qualification but more importantly we want to hear from dedicated nurses with sound clinical skills who are keen to make a real difference.
The great benefit about being on the talent bank is the flexibility it provides for both you and the Charity. You have control over when you want to work to fit in with your lifestyle. You must be flexible with excellent people skills and be a team player.
- 8.00 pm to 6.00 am (nights) 30%
- Friday midnight to Sunday midnight (weekends) 45%
- Public Holidays 24 hours midnight to midnight 60%
• Free onsite parking
• Subsidised meals
• NHS Pension continuation / Private pension matched at either 3% or 5% / Auto enrolment pension scheme
• 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
• PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services that can amount to an average annual
saving of £350
Duchess of Kent Hospice is a 15-bed inpatient hospice. All beds are in private rooms overlooking our wonderful courtyard garden and all have en-suite facilities.
Our hospices offer inpatient care in calm and beautiful surroundings, with staff highly skilled in dealing with the physical and emotional effects of life-limiting conditions. By relieving symptoms such as pain, breathlessness and nausea, our specialist teams make people as comfortable as possible. Our therapy, family support and spiritual care teams are also there to care for the whole person, their family and friends.
Not only do we treat more conditions than any other UK charity in our hospices, neurological care centres and out in the community; we also campaign to improve the lives of people living with them. We see the person, not the condition, taking time to understand the small things that help that person live the fullest life they can. Our shops, fundraising and volunteers support us to be there for people at the most difficult time of their lives.
To learn more about joining this incredible team and becoming a Sue Ryder Nurse, please apply now or email Sian Dodunski - @: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07970 771294
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED