Clinical Nurse Specialist - bank
Keighley Rd, Oxenhope, Keighley BD22 9HJ, UK
£15.49 per hour Closing Date
Sunday, May 27, 2018 View Advert
About the Job
Sue Ryder Manorlands Hospice is seeking experienced community registered nurses to help support the work of the community team.
The great benefit about being on the talent bank is the flexibility it provides for both you and the Charity. You have control over when you want to work to fit in with your lifestyle.
An NMC nursing registration is essential and the ideal applicant should have experience in palliative and end of life care, preferably in a community setting.
The role of the clinical nurse specialist will involve;
• Assessing referrals for admission to the community service and completing comprehensive assessments of patients with sensitive and complex palliative care needs.
• Plan, implement and evaluate care delivery according to changing healthcare needs
• Using advanced assessment skills to identify reversible symptoms, develop a plan of care and implement
• Providing holistic specialist care for patients in accordance with their needs, wishes and culture. This includes clinical assessment, planning care, monitoring progress, requesting appropriate investigations, and acting on the results
• Able to work autonomously and independently, with good collaborative team working skills
• Establish and maintain effective communication, often of a highly complex and contentious nature, with patients, carers/relatives, and professionals across health and social services. Within specialist assessments, identify issues which are deemed to be actual/potential palliative care emergencies or crises and develop in a timely way, action plans to mitigate distress
• Ensure such plans are developed, documented and communicated in a collaborative way with other professionals, patients and their families.
This is a community post therefore your own driving license and car are essential.
Sue Ryder - Manorlands Hospice is situated in West Yorkshire in the village of Oxenhope. We provide specialist palliative care supports people with life-limiting conditions and those at end of life. We strive to provide holistic care for patients, family, carers and close friends.
o 8.00 pm to 6.00 am (nights) 30%
o Friday midnight to Sunday midnight (weekends) 45%
o Public Holidays 24 hours midnight to midnight 60%
• Continuation of NHS pension
• Private pension matched at either 3% or 5%
• Refer a friend scheme
• PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services that can amount to an average annual saving of GBP 350
• Development opportunities for all
To learn more about joining this incredible team and becoming a Sue Ryder Nurse, please apply now or email Sian Dodunski - @: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07970 771294
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED