Keighley Rd, Oxenhope, Keighley BD22 9HJ, UK
Competitive plus excellent salary enhancements Closing Date
Saturday, September 14, 2019 View Advert
About the Job
Are you an NMC registered nurse? Want to develop a rewarding career with a recognised national charity? If so, this is an amazing opportunity to develop your knowledge in palliative care and work across a range of palliative services.
Sue Ryder provides incredible hospice and neurological care to people facing a life-changing or terminal diagnosis. We do whatever we can to act as a safety net for our patients and their loved ones during the most difficult time of their lives.
We’re a national charity and with the help of our 11,000 volunteers, 450 shops, our dedicated staff and supporters, we provided over 2.5 million hours of care last year.
Now, we are calling on Registered Nurses (RGN) to join our amazing hospice in-patient and palliative care community team at Manorlands Hospice
Our Manorlands Hospice is situated in West Yorkshire in the village of Oxenhope. We provide specialist palliative care to patients in the Airedale, Wharfedale, Craven and Bradford areas. Specialist palliative care supports people with life-limiting conditions and those at end of life. We strive to provide holistic care for patients, family, carers and close friends
- Competitive plus excellent salary enhancements
- Continuation of NHS pension
- Private pension scheme matched at 5%
- Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
- Referral scheme of up to £500
- Carer’s leave policy
- 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
- PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services
- Staff discounts of 15% at the Sue Ryder online shop
- Childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme
- Staff loans and company car loans
- Free parking and subsidised meals
- Wellbeing centre and free will writing service
- Development opportunities for all through our structured development framework
- 25 days’ holiday (rising to 30 with service) plus Bank Holidays
Full & part-time hours available
We are looking for dedicated registered nurses to join our professional and friendly team. There is plenty of scope to develop your skills in specialist palliative care and planned career progression through our education programme and development framework. So if you are enthusiastic, committed nurse looking to develop your knowledge in specialist palliative care with an expert national charity, then this may be the job for you.
In this key role, you will:
• Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised care using evidence based guidelines
• Liaise with the multidisciplinary team over service user care
• Maintain all records in line with corporate policies and procedures
• Carry out all clinical procedures in line with Sue Ryder policies
• Ensure the care team provide all care in line with the multi professional evidence based care plan
To join our team, you’ll need:
- To be an NMC registered nurse, ideally with post-registration experience in palliative end of life care
- A compassionate and people-centred approach
- Excellent communication skills
Due to the location of Manorlands Hospice public transport is limited
We operate a 24 hour shifts on rotation
Other organisations may call this role Registered Nurse, Staff Nurse, RGN, Registered General Nurse, Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Palliative Care Nurse or Senior Nurse.
Sue Ryder are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
It takes a special sort of person to join our team so if you could see yourself as one of our Registered Nurses, please apply via the button shown.
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED