Are you a proactive shop manager ready to take on a challenge of a charity shop? If so come and join one of the UK’s most recognisable charities and contribute to the incredible work we do across Sue Ryder.
Our shops are one of the most important ways in which we raise money to support people living through the challenges of life-changing illness. So when you work in one, you’re not just helping us to turn a profit – you’re helping to improve the lives of the people we exist to help.
As Shop Manager you will be using entrepreneurial skills and retail experience to drive business, push sales and achieve targets. Your responsibilities will include:
• Organise fundraising events to promote Sue Ryder
• Recruit, train & retain a volunteer team, who'll look to you for leadership and guidance.
• Proactively maintain a well merchandised shop that pushes the boundaries and goes above and beyond your customers' individual expectations
• Manage effective stock processes and embrace new ways of working through the introduction of an Epos operation
• Attend area meetings and assisting at other shops as required
• Embracing changes and development of new IT procedures
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Commercial awareness to deliver sales and meet deadlines
• Excellent leadership skills with the ability to help the shop team increase their skills and responsibility
• IT literate and numerate
• Able to use your own initiative and work autonomously
• Experience of recruiting volunteers would be an advantage
• Role involves a degree of manual handling in sorting and lifting stock sometimes heavy bags/items of stock
Above all else you will have the ambition to succeed to ensure Sue Ryder can continue delivering incredible care to all the people we support.
*Competitive Benefits Package* - including 25 days holiday rising to 30 with service, buy and sell holiday scheme, private pension, staff discount with thousands of retailers, enhanced maternity pay and lots more. Please visit our website for the full list.