St Johns Hospice, Moggerhanger, Bedfordshire MK44 3RJ
Do you enjoying cooking and working in a team? We can't think of a better place to develop your skills than at St Johns Hospice. It's passionate and supportive and you'll be helping to create a warm and comfortable experience for our residents. Duties include:
• Taking food orders from patients
• Assisting in the preparation of meals and refreshments
• Assisting in serving meals and refreshments
• Ensuring the kitchen is kept clean and equipment maintained
The great benefit about being on the talent bank is the flexibility it provides for both you and the Charity. You have control over when you want to work to fit in with your lifestyle. You must be flexible with excellent people skills and be a team player.
To be successful in this role ideally you will have experience of preparing meals for a large group of people and
• Able to work as part of a team
• Able to communicate verbally and in writing (essential)
• IT literacy desirable
• Able to work within policies and procedures
• Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate or willing and able to complete within 2 weeks of employment commencement.
No two days are the same and this is a great opportunity to develop your skills in catering.
Due to a limited public transport service, your own transport is essential
Sue Ryder St John's Hospice provides expert palliative care, advice and support for people across Bedfordshire who are living with life-limiting conditions, as well as supporting their families.
Private pension matched at either 3% or 5% * Auto enrolment pension scheme * PeoplePerks discounts with hundreds of retailers and services that can amount to an average annual saving of £350 * Free onsite parking * Development opportunities for all * Subsidised meals * Free tea and coffee *