£24,785 - £27,144 pro rata plus enhancements, £3600 retention bonus Closing Date
Thursday, June 14, 2018 View Advert
About the Job
Stagenhoe Park, Neurological Care Centre, Hitchin –St Pauls Walden
We are now seeking Registered Nurses to join our amazing team to ensure our residents meet their full potential and enjoy a high quality of life. Everyone that joins us is chosen because they’re highly professional, passionate and dedicated to providing excellent care to our residents.
Sue Ryder provides hospice and neurological care for people facing a frightening, life-changing diagnosis. It’s not just expert medical care we provide. It’s the emotional support and practical things we take care of too. We do whatever we can to be a safety net for our patients and their loved ones at the most difficult time of their lives.
We’re a national charity and with the help of our 11,000 volunteers, 450 shops, our dedicated staff and supporters, we provided over 2.5 million hours of care last year.
We’re now seeking a Staff Nurse to join us in St Pauls Walden and provide amazing care to our service users. Stagenhoe is a Sue Ryder specialist neurological care centre based in Hertfordshire, caring for people aged 18 and over who have life-changing conditions affecting the brain and nervous system.
• Recruitment and Retention bonus - £3600 per year pro rata paid in equal monthly installments*
8.00 pm to 6.00 am (nights) 30%
Friday midnight to Sunday midnight (weekends 45%
Public Holidays 24 hours midnight to midnight 60%
• Up to £27,144 p/a
• Continuation of NHS pension
• 25 days holiday rising to 30 plus bank holidays pro rata
• Option to buy and sell holiday up to five days
• Private pension matched at 5%
• Enhanced Maternity Benefits
• Cash referral bonus scheme for certain roles
• Carers leave policy
• 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
• PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services that can amount to an average annual saving of GBP 350
• Staff discount of 15% on new goods at the online shop
• Childcare Vouchers
• Free onsite parking and good transport links
• Free uniform
• Opportunities to progress through our development framework structure
In addition to a superb benefits package, you’ll have the chance to develop your skills and qualifications as part of our amazing team. We know the challenges facing neurological care staff and so we ensure that our teams are motivated not just by the job and the care, but by up-skilling, and specialisation opportunities that we provide.
We are committed to making Sue Ryder a great place to work for each and every one of our employees and we believe in having a strong team ethic. If this appeals to you come and join us at The Chantry.
Your Responsibilities Include:
• Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised care using evidence based guidelines
• Liaise with the multidisciplinary team over service user care
• Maintain all records in line with corporate policies and procedures
• Carry out all clinical procedures in line with Sue Ryder policies
• Ensure the care team provide all care in line with the multi professional evidence based care plan
To be considered as a Staff Nurse, you will ideally have:
• Post-registration experience preferably in neurological care but other areas of care will be considered
• Relevant post-registration training or be willing and able to gain this within 1 year
• The ability to demonstrate a commitment to continued professional development
• Completed an NMC recognised accredited mentor training
• The ability to mentor students and less experienced staff
Working hours are on rotation covering a 24/7 service. Long or short shifts available. Full and part time applicants considered.
Stagenhoe Park is located in a stunning Grade 2 listed building 8 miles outside Hitchin in the village of St Paul's Walden. Due to its location access to your own transport is required.
To learn more about joining our amazing team, please apply now or email Sian Dodunski - @: email@example.com or call 07970 771294.
Other organisations may call this role Staff Nurse, RGN, Registered General Nurse, Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, or Senior Nurse.
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED