Up to £35,120 per annum pro rata plus recruitment and retention bonus as well as enhancements for unsocial hours
32.25 hours per week over 3 variable shifts 7am-7.15pm
We have excellent opportunities for experienced Senior Nurse to join our busy but very friendly team at Dee View Court based in Aberdeen. If you are an enthusiastic and committed senior nurse who is an expert practitioner and motivational leader who can organise and manage the day to day practice and coordination of care for people with complex long term neurological conditions, we would like to hear from you.
- Up to £35,120 pro rata plus enhancements for unsocial hours
- **£3,600 recruitment and retention bonus pro rata**
- **CONTINUATION OF NHS PENSION**
- Private pension scheme matched at 5%
- Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
- Referral scheme of up to £500
- Carer’s leave policy
- 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
- PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services
- Staff discounts of 15% at the Sue Ryder online shop
- Childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme
- Staff loans and company car loans
- Free parking and subsidised meals
- Wellbeing centre and free will writing service
- Development opportunities for all through our structured development framework
- 25 days’ holiday (rising to 30 with service) plus Bank Holidays
This is a key role that requires the post holder to have significant experience in neurological care.
Strong leadership skills are essential to ensure the staff nurses and care assistants are well supported through clinical leadership and supervision.
Responsibilities of the Senior Nurse include:
• Ensure that clinical care is provided in line with multi professional, evidence based care plans, is timely and appropriate and that Sue Ryder policies and procedures are adhered to
• Take responsibility for a service user group, consulting and liaising with the multi-disciplinary team, service users, family/carers over their care
• Ensure that all service users (or when they are not able, relatives) are given the opportunity to participate fully in the care planning process
• Prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the service user in complex, urgent or emergency situations, including initiation of effective emergency care
• Act as a mentor and role model to new and junior staff
At Dee View Court we strive to help our service users live their lives as fully as possible. We offer a huge range of support including long-term residential care in our 22-bed care centre and for two residents in our supported living unit. We also offer specialist rehabilitative services designed to help people improve or regain their abilities. It is an exciting time to join Dee View Court as we are near completing a building expansion that will increase the number of residents to 44.
We welcome informal visits to Dee View Court. Please call 01224 245920 to arrange a visit.
Other organisations may call this role Registered Nurse, Staff Nurse, RGN, Registered General Nurse, Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Palliative Care Nurse or Senior Nurse.
Sue Ryder provides incredible hospice and neurological care to people facing a life-changing or terminal diagnosis. We do whatever we can to act as a safety net for our patients and their loved ones during the most difficult time of their lives.
We’re a national charity and with the help of our 11,000 volunteers, 450 shops, our dedicated staff and supporters, we provided over 2.5 million hours of care last year.
It takes a special sort of person to join our team so if you could see yourself as one of our Registered Nurses, please apply via the button shown.
Subject to PVG membership
Sue Ryder are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.