Leckhampton Court Hospice, Church Road, Leckhampton, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL53 0QJ
£15,659 pro-rata, per annum plus excellent enhancements and employee benefits
£8.03 per hour, 24 hours per week, variable shifts 7:00am to 7:00pm and Bank Holidays.
Do you enjoying cooking and want to work in a lively, supportive team? We can't think of a better place to develop your skills than at Leckhampton Hospice. It's passionate and supportive and you'll be helping to create a warm and comfortable experience for our patients, visitors and staff.
Taking food orders from patients, understanding their nutritional requirements and personal preferences;
Preparation of meals and refreshments for patients and staff;
Assisting the Head Chef to meet Sue Ryder and regulatory standards;
Deputise for the Head Chef when required.
To be successful in this role you will need to be flexible with excellent people, team working and communication skills. Previous catering experience is essential. You must have (or be willing to obtain on commencement of employment) a Level 3 Food Hygiene Certificate and be competent in IT use.
Leckhampton Court is a Sue Ryder hospice, based in Gloucestershire. We’re here for people aged 18 and over living with conditions like cancer, heart failure and lung disease. It provides the only specialist hospice care inpatient unit in the county of Gloucestershire. We offer a range of support, from inpatient care in our 16-bed hospice, set in the foot of the Cotswold Hills and surrounded by beautiful countryside, to day services and Hospice at Home which helps people stay at home longer and offers respite to carers.
• Company pension scheme
• 25 days holiday - rising to 30 with length of service plus bank holidays
• Option to buy and sell up to five days holiday
• Competitive enhanced pay for nights 30%, weekends 45% and public holidays 60%
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
• Enhanced sick pay
• Corporate discount with hundreds of retailers and services
• Staff discount of 15% on new goods online at shop.sueryder.org
• Cash referral bonus scheme up to £1000
• Salary sacrifice car scheme
• Online Wellbeing Centre
• Free Will writing service
• Staff finance loans
• Free uniform
• Carers leave policy
• Subsidised onsite meals and drinks
• Structured induction programme and learning and development opportunities
Due to a limited public transport service, own transport is essential.
Subject to DBS check and on-boarding checks.
Sue Ryder supports people through the most difficult times of their lives. Whether that’s a terminal illness, the loss of a loved one or a neurological condition – we’re there when it matters. Our doctors, nurses and carers give people the compassion and expert care they need to help them live the best life they possibly can.