Clinical Nurse Specialist
Keighley Rd, Oxenhope, Keighley BD22 9HJ, UK
£30,206-£34,769 per annum Closing Date
Sunday, May 27, 2018 View Advert
About the Job
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our friendly and skilled community clinical nurse specialist team, based at Manorlands Hospice, providing specialist care and advice to community patients across Craven, Airedale, and Wharfedale as well as central, northern and western areas of Bradford.
The role of the clinical nurse specialist will involve;
• Assessing referrals for admission to the community service and completing comprehensive assessments of patients with sensitive and complex palliative care needs.
• Plan, implement and evaluate care delivery according to changing healthcare needs
• Using advanced assessment skills to identify reversible symptoms, develop a plan of care and implement
• Providing holistic specialist care for patients in accordance with their needs, wishes and culture. This includes clinical assessment, planning care, monitoring progress, requesting appropriate investigations, and acting on the results
• Able to work autonomously and independently, with good collaborative team working skills
• Establish and maintain effective communication, often of a highly complex and contentious nature, with patients, carers/relatives, and professionals across health and social services. Within specialist assessments, identify issues which are deemed to be actual/potential palliative care emergencies or crises and develop in a timely way, action plans to mitigate distress
• Ensure such plans are developed, documented and communicated in a collaborative way with other professionals, patients and their families.
An NMC nursing registration is essential and the ideal applicant should have experience in palliative and end of life care, preferably in a community setting.
This is a community post therefore your own driving license and car are essential.
Sue Ryder - Manorlands Hospice is situated in West Yorkshire in the village of Oxenhope. We provide specialist palliative care supports people with life-limiting conditions and those at end of life. We strive to provide holistic care for patients, family, carers and close friends.
o 8.00 pm to 6.00 am (nights) 30%
o Friday midnight to Sunday midnight (weekends) 45%
o Public Holidays 24 hours midnight to midnight 60%
• Continuation of NHS pension
• 25 days holiday rising to 30 plus bank holidays pro rata
• Option to buy and sell holiday up to five days
• Private pension matched at either 3% or 5%
• Enhanced Maternity Benefits
• Refer a friend scheme
• Carers leave policy
• 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
• PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services that can amount to an average annual saving of GBP 350
• Staff discount of 15% on new goods at the online shop
• Childcare Vouchers
• Development opportunities for all
To learn more about joining this incredible team and becoming a Sue Ryder Nurse, please apply now or email Sian Dodunski - @: email@example.com or call 07970 771294
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED