Circa £37,000 per annum Closing Date
Tuesday, May 29, 2018 View Advert
About the Job
St John's Hospice, Bedford
Are you registered nurse with great leadership skills? Would you like to make a real difference in developing our nursing teams and services? Do you have passion for caring for patients with life limiting illness?
If so, we would love to hear from you.
Sue Ryder provides incredible hospice and neurological care to people facing a life-changing diagnosis. We do whatever we can to act as a safety net for our patients and their loved ones during the most difficult time of their lives.
We’re a national charity and with the help of our 11,000 volunteers, 450 shops, our dedicated staff and supporters, we provided over 2.5 million hours of care last year.
We need the very best people, who share our vision, to join our team and help us to deliver more care to more people. Now, we’re looking for a Ward Manager to join us at St John's Hospice.
You’ll join St John's Hospice, which provides inpatient, community and day services for people aged 18 and over who are living with conditions like cancer, heart failure and lung disease. We’ve recently relaunched our Palliative Care Hub and have exciting plans to expand our services into the community in the coming months.
- Salary of circa £37,000 per annum
- Continuation of NHS pension
- Private pension scheme and employee assistance line
- Free eye tests, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and travel ticket loan
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Car sacrifice scheme
- £500 refer a nurse bonus scheme
- Carer’s leave policy
- Long service awards
- Corporate discount scheme with hundreds of retailers and services
- 25 days’ holiday (rising with service) plus Bank Holidays
- Option to buy and sell up to five days’ holiday
We put personalisation at the heart of our care provision, our organisation, our people and in what we do. Every single member of our team is different, and we believe this variety is key to our success.
As such, we recognise our people as individuals, and we’re committed to making Sue Ryder a great place to work for each and every one of our employees.
We offer excellent development opportunities, as well as the chance to gain new skills and utilise your knowledge to help others perform to the best of their ability.
Many people believe that once you have a life-changing illness there’s little left. We don’t. If you agree, come and join the team.
As a Ward Manager, you will lead a team of Registered Nurses and Nursing Assistants within a specialist palliative care environment, ensuring the highest quality of care is provided.
Reporting to the Head of Clinical Services, you will:
- Ensure the day to day management of the Inpatient Unit, developing, supporting and empowering our teams
- Ensure that all clinical care is delivered in-line with best practice in palliative care
- Form part of the clinical leadership team to help grow and develop the services St John’s offers
- Work with health and social care professionals, both in Sue Ryder and externally, to deliver the best possible care to patients
To become our Ward Manager, you’ll need:
- To be a registered nurse with post-registration experience in the clinical field of palliative care
- Experience of nurse-led management
- Clinical leadership skills
- Knowledge of best clinical practice for patients with palliative care needs/long term conditions
- An awareness of current legislation within the independent care sector
- Evidence of continuing professional development
We’re eager to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Ward Manager, Senior Registered Nurse, Senior Nurse, RN, Care Manager, Healthcare Manager, Care Supervisor or Ward Supervisor.
Sue Ryder are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking to make a real difference as a Ward Manager, please apply via the button shown.
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED