Manager of Community Services
Cheltenham GL53 0QJ, UK
£40,000 - £42,000 per annum Closing Date
Wednesday, July 18, 2018 View Advert
About the Job
Are you passionate about Palliative and End of Life Care?
Are you a Registered Nurse with significant community and management experience?
Are you ready for a challenge?
We are looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic community RN who will play a key role in the leadership and ongoing development of the community services across multi-disciplinary teams and will ensure the continued development and expansion of quality palliative care to people in their own homes.
As an experienced practitioner, the post holder will be expected to create an environment of continuous quality improvement, developing clinical practice and ensuring that delivery of care is regularly reviewed embedding the CQC agenda. They will be responsible for the overall running of the teams, managing referral pathways and ensuring the provision of service is efficient and responsive within contracted timeframes.
The right person will have a strategic outlook, will be forward thinking, dynamic, flexible and hardworking and will enjoy working closely within our team here at Leckhampton Court Hospice and our other stakeholders.
Leckhampton Court Hospice is situated on the outskirts of Cheltenham and offers Specialist Palliative Care Services to those that need it. We are Consultant led and have a 16 bedded Inpatient Unit as well as a Hospice at Home service which takes CHC Fast track referrals from Cheltenham, Tewkesbury and Gloucester. We have a flourishing Day Hospice which has recently extended opening to 4 days a week to meet patient demand.
We have a wide multidisciplinary team to help support our patients and their families.
Sue Ryder is a national charity which provides hospice and neurological care to people facing a life-changing or terminal diagnosis through our 7 hospices, 4 neurological centres and home support. With the help of our dedicated staff, 11,000 volunteers , 450 shops, we provided over 2.5 million hours of care last year.
- Continuation of NHS Pension
- Private pension scheme and employee assistance
- Free eye tests, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and travel ticket loan
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Car sacrifice scheme
- £500 refer a nurse bonus scheme
- Carer’s leave policy
- Long service awards
- Corporate discount scheme with hundreds of retailers and services
- 25 days’ holiday (rising with service) plus Bank Holidays. 10 years NHS service honoured capped at 30 days.
- Option to buy and sell up to five days’ holiday
To be considered for the post of Community Services Manager, you will need:
- To be a Registered Nurse at AfC Band 7 or above with significant experience in the field of Palliative Care
- Excellent clinical leadership and management skills/experience
- Experience of service development and working with a range of stakeholders
- A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject (or being working towards gaining one)
- Evidence of continual professional development
- A full, valid driving licence and have access to your own vehicle
To learn more about joining this amazing team, please apply now or email Gurdeep Timana - @: email@example.com or call 07970 771294.
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED