Keighley Rd, Oxenhope, Keighley BD22 9HJ, UK
£7.83 per hour plus competitive benefits Closing Date
Sunday, May 27, 2018 View Advert
About the Job
22.5 hours per week over 3 days (Monday to Thursday)
6 months fixed term contract
Day Therapy Unit, Manorlands Hospice,
Sue Ryder - Manorlands Hospice is situated in West Yorkshire in the village of Oxenhope. We provide specialist palliative care supports people with life-limiting conditions and those at end of life. We strive to provide holistic care for patients, family, carers and close friends.
The Day Therapy Unit provides support to people being cared for at home. As well as providing practical nursing and medical care, it also helps prevent isolation giving people the benefit of enjoying an activity and a chat over a cuppa with people in similar circumstances.
We are looking for dedicated nursing assistant to join our professional and friendly team and help make a real difference.
• To promote choice in the delivery of care and support. Reviewing and making suggestions to enhance the individuals’ experience.
• To ensure accurate reporting and documentation.
• To participate in care planning implementation and review.
• To promote the values, build morale and encourage others to perform to high standards
You must be flexible with excellent people skills and be a team player. The successful applicants will have recent experience in the delivery of care in a similar environment and have a minimum of NVQ 2 in Health and Social Care.
Your own transport is essential as the day therapy unit operates from different sites during the week
• Continuation of NHS pension
• 25 days holiday rising to 30 plus bank holidays pro rata
• Option to buy and sell holiday up to five days
• Private pension matched at either 3% or 5%
• Enhanced Maternity Benefits
• Refer a friend scheme
• Carers leave policy
• 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
• PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services that can amount to an average annual saving of GBP 350
• Staff discount of 15% on new goods at the online shop
• Childcare Vouchers
• Development opportunities for all
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED