Are you an experienced proactive shop manager? Would you love to use your retail knowledge and experience for an important cause? If so, come and join one of the UK’s most recognisable charities and contribute to the work we do across Sue Ryder.
Our Skipton shop sales a wide variety of donated items including good quality ladies, gentlemens and children’s designer brands, books and bric-a- brac and brand new items including garden ornaments and musical instruments.
Our shops are one of the most important ways in which we raise money to support people living through the challenges of life-changing illness. So when you work in one, you’re not just helping us to turn a profit – you’re helping to improve the lives of the people we exist to help.
As Shop Manager you will be using entrepreneurial skills and retail experience to drive business, push sales and achieve targets. Your responsibilities will include:
• Organise fundraising events to promote Sue Ryder
• Recruit, train & retain a volunteer team, who'll look to you for leadership and guidance.
• Proactively maintain a well merchandised shop that pushes the boundaries and goes above and beyond your customers' individual expectations
• Manage effective stock processes and embrace new ways of working through the introduction of an Epos operation
• Attend area meetings and assisting at other shops as required
• Embracing changes and development of new IT procedures
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Commercial awareness to deliver sales and meet deadlines
• Excellent leadership skills with the ability to help the shop team increase their skills and responsibility
• IT literate and numerate
• Able to use your own initiative and work autonomously
• Experience of recruiting volunteers would be an advantage
To be successful in this role you’ll have the commercial awareness to deliver sales and meet deadlines combined with ability to plan and prioritise. Knowledge of antique furniture or bric-a-brac would be an advantage. You will have proven team leadership skills and the ability to lead a large team of volunteers. It is essential is that you enjoy engaging with people, you have a positive can do attitude and a good understanding of financial and IT administration
*Competitive Benefits Package* – 25 days holiday rising to 30 with length of service plus bank holidays, option to buy and sell up to five days holiday, company pension scheme, staff discount with thousands of retailers, enhanced maternity pay, staff discount of 15% on new goods online at shop.sueryder.org and lots more. Please visit our careers website for the full list.