Family Support Manager
£33,053 Closing Date
Friday, May 25, 2018 View Advert
About the Job
Family Support Manager
St John's Hospice, Bedford
Do you have experience of leading health, social or palliative care teams? Want to make a real difference by delivering a vital support service to individuals during a challenging time in their lives?
If so, this is an incredible opportunity to develop a rewarding career with a leading charity as a Family Support Manager.
Sue Ryder provides incredible hospice and neurological care to people facing a life-limiting diagnosis. We do whatever we can to act as a safety net for our patients and their loved ones during the most difficult time of their lives.
We’re a national charity and with the help of our 11,000 volunteers, 450 shops, our dedicated staff and supporters, we provided over 2.5 million hours of care last year.
We need the very best people, who share our vision, to join our team and help us to deliver more care to more people. We have developed our Family Support services, with lots more to come and we are looking for a Family Support Manager to join us at St John’s Hospice in this new and exciting role.
St John’s Hospice provides inpatient, community and day services for people aged 18 and over who are living with conditions like cancer, heart failure and lung disease. We have recently reviewed a number of our clinical services and are offering some amazing opportunities for great people to join our teams.
- Salary of £33,053
- Private pension scheme and employee assistance Line
- Free eye tests, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and travel ticket loan
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Car sacrifice scheme
- £500 refer a nurse bonus scheme
- Carer’s leave policy
- Long service awards
- Corporate discount scheme with hundreds of retailers and services
- 25 days’ holiday (rising with service) plus Bank Holidays
- Option to buy and sell up to five days’ holiday
We're committed to making Sue Ryder a great place to work for each and every one of our team members. As well as the above benefits, we offer excellent development opportunities and ongoing support to ensure you achieve your professional goals.
Within a welcoming and collaborative environment, you will have the chance to shape and deliver services that support families during one of the most challenging times in their lives.
As the Family Support Manager, you will develop, manage and lead the Family Support team, providing psychological, spiritual and psychosocial support for Sue Ryder’s patients, families, carers and staff.
In this key role, you will use your expertise to develop, lead and inspire - providing an incredible and cohesive psychological and family support service to patients and their families’ pre-and post-bereavement.
As a service leader, you will work with senior colleagues to design the development of the service and support other key clinical developments at St John’s Hospice.
A key aspect of the role will be managing a complex caseload as required, and supporting the staff in managing specialist patients.
Reporting to the Head of Clinical Services, you will:
- Develop the Family Support services within the Hospice, ensuring all patients and families receive excellent care
- Motivate, guide and lead the Family Support Services team to develop, grow and deliver services across all clinical departments
- Work closely with all Clinical teams in the Hospice to enhance the holistic care for all patients and their loved ones
- Develop links with local psychosocial service providers and voluntary organisations to ensure we’re providing the best service possible
To join us as a Family Support Manager, you’ll need:
- Experience of managing a team within a health, social and/or palliative care environment
- An understanding of end of life issues and experience of leading complex cases with competing needs
- The clinical knowledge to work therapeutically in a palliative care setting and share knowledge with the wider hospice team
- A social worker qualification/counsellor/family therapist or HPC registration
- A recognised qualification in palliative care (or equivalent experience)
- A diploma, ideally a degree, in counselling or psychotherapy
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Ideally, you’ll have previous family therapy training, but this is not essential.
Other organisations may call this role Supportive Care Manager, Healthcare Manager, Social Care Manager, Family Therapy Manager, Social Care Supervisor, Palliative Care Social Work Team Leader or Healthcare Supervisor.
The closing date for applications is the 25th May 2018, with interviews scheduled to be held on the 7th June 2018.
Sue Ryder are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking to take your next step as a Family Support Manager, please apply via the button shown.
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED