Are you an experienced Van Driver and manager of people and logistics - and looking for an exciting new challenge? If so, we have an opportunity for a Furniture Logistics Coordinator to join the team at our new National Logistics department. If you have the experience and the organisational skills to ensure the day to day running and management of a van team without a hitch, then we’d like to hear from you!
Other key responsibilities include:
• Line management of a team of drivers, delivering compliance and ensuring cost effective transport management.
• Leading a Zone of drivers to provide an efficient furniture collection and delivery service to our stores
• All drivers have had the appropriate H&S training and any issues have been reported through Datix and van teams are trained and supported with the correct PPE
• All drivers have been issued company phones and understand the IT systems to make sure we maintain a paperless system alongside logistically managed daily routes and weekly van paperwork is in place and completed as instructed.
• Ensure Vans in your team are maintained and correct paperwork in place to make sure they are serviced and maintained in line with agreed leases – reporting to the Van Fleet Coordinator
Working out on the vans will be a part of your role at times, so you will need to be an experienced van driver at driving large commercial vehicles and also have a full clean UK driving licence. You'll be used to handling furniture and other large items, with the ability to train an assistant. With these talents, you'll deliver retail excellence to grow income and make a difference to Sue Ryder Healthcare and the people we support. Part of the role will be growing our van assistant volunteer pool and ensuring all drivers have adequate help to deliver a good service across the Zone.
*Competitive Benefits Package* – 25 days holiday rising to 30 with length of service plus bank holidays, option to buy and sell up to five days holiday, company pension scheme, staff discount with thousands of retailers, enhanced maternity pay, staff discount of 15% on new goods online at shop.sueryder.org and lots more. Please visit our careers website for the full list.