Bank Registered Nurses - The Chantry
Ipswich IP2 0BP, UK
£12.28 - £13.45 p/h plus enhancements Closing Date
Saturday, September 28, 2019 View Advert
About the Job
Ipswich – Sue Ryder The Chantry
We are calling on Registered Nurses to come and join our professional and friendly Bank team to ensure our residents meet their full potential and enjoy a high quality of life. Everyone that joins our talent bank is chosen because they’re highly professional, passionate and dedicated to providing expert and compassionate care to our residents.
Sue Ryder provides incredible hospice and neurological care to people facing a life-changing or terminal diagnosis. We do whatever we can to act as a safety net for our patients and their loved ones during the most difficult time of their lives.
We’re a national charity and with the help of our 11,000 volunteers, 450 shops, our dedicated staff and supporters, we provided over 2.5 million hours of care last year.
Now, we are calling on Registered Nurses (RGN) to join our neurological centre The Chantry as it embarks on an exciting expansion.
The Chantry is a Sue Ryder specialist neurological care centre based in Ipswich, caring for people aged 18 and over who have life-changing conditions affecting the brain and nervous system. We are here for people with degenerative conditions which get worse over time – such as motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s – as well as those with acquired conditions resulting from a brain or spinal injury or stroke. We will also be expanding our existing service in September with the opening of new beds to provide specialist neurological rehabilitation for our short stay clients.
- £12.28 - £13.45 p/h plus night, weekend and public holiday salary enhancements
- Continuation of NHS pension
- Private pension scheme matched at 5%
- Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
- Referral scheme of up to £1,000
- Carer’s leave policy
- 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
- PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services
- Staff discounts of 15% at the Sue Ryder online shop
- Childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme
- Staff loans and company car loans
- Free parking and subsidised meals
- Wellbeing centre and free will writing service
- Development opportunities for all through our structured development framework
- 25 days’ holiday (rising to 30 with service) plus Bank Holidays
As a Registered Nurse, you will:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised care using evidence-based guidelines
- Maintain high standards of care delivery by working collaboratively within regulatory body standards and the Sue Ryder Quality Governance Policy
- Provide support, leadership appraisal and supervision to team members as appropriate
- Act as an ambassador of Sue Ryder to service users and their relatives, colleagues and members of the public
To join our team, you’ll need:
- To be an NMC registered nurse, ideally with post-registration experience in palliative end of life care
- A compassionate and people-centred approach
- Excellent communication skills
The Chantry is set in a beautiful grade 2 listed building in Chantry Park, Ipswich. There are several Local busses that stop within walking distance of The Chantry.
Other organisations may call this role Registered Nurse, Staff Nurse, RGN, Registered General Nurse, Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Palliative Care Nurse or Senior Nurse.
Sue Ryder are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
It takes a special sort of person to join our team so if you could see yourself as one of our Registered Nurses, please apply via the button shown.
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED