Aberdeen AB12 5JY, UK
£16,477.75 - £17140.50 pa + enhancements 30% overnight/45% at weekends/60% bank holidays Closing Date
Friday, September 28, 2018 View Advert
About the Job
We have a really exciting opportunity for experienced Care Assistants to join our busy but very friendly team at Dee View Court based in Aberdeen. If you are an enthusiastic and committed Carer who is interested in a rewarding career within neurological care we'd like to hear from you!
We pride ourselves on a team that has been chosen because they’re highly professional, passionate and dedicated to providing expert and compassionate care to our residents.
At Dee View Court we strive to help our service users live their lives as fully as possible. We offer a huge range of support including long-term residential care in our 22-bed care centre and for two residents in our supported living unit. We also offer specialist rehabilitative services designed to help people improve or regain their abilities.
You will be an enthusiastic and motivated person who is committed to helping people reach their full potential whilst managing complex health conditions. Successful candidates must be flexible to cover early and late shifts, nights, weekends and public holidays on rotation.
• To promote choice in the delivery of care and support. Reviewing and making suggestions to enhance the individuals’ experience.
• To ensure accurate reporting and documentation.
• To participate in care planning implementation and review.
• To promote the values, build morale and encourage others to perform to high standards
You must be flexible with excellent people skills and be a team player. Successful applicants must have recent experience in the delivery of care in a similar environment and have or be willing to gain an SVQ 2 in health and social care.
• Competitive pay rates
o 8.00 pm to 6.00 am (nights) 30%
o Friday midnight to Sunday midnight (weekends) 45%
o Public Holidays 24 hours midnight to midnight 60%
• Continuation of NHS pension
• 25 days holiday rising to 30 plus bank holidays pro rata
• Option to buy and sell holiday up to five days
• Private pension matched at either 3% or 5%
• Enhanced Maternity Benefits
• Refer a friend scheme
• Carers leave policy
• 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
• PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services that can amount to an average annual saving of GBP 350
• Staff discount of 15% on new goods at the online shop
• Childcare Vouchers
• Development opportunities for all
All posts are subject to PVG clearance.
At Sue Ryder not only do we treat more conditions than any other UK charity in our hospices, neurological care centres and out in the community; we also campaign to improve the lives of people living with them.
For more information please call Valerie Maxwell on 01224 245 920.
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED