Wokingham RG41 2RE, UK
£19,325 per annum Closing Date
Friday, August 24, 2018 View Advert
About the Job
Sue Ryder Wokingham Day Hospice are looking for an enthusiastic and caring individual to join our team as our hospice administrator. We are looking for an individual who wants to work full time Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm equal to 37.5 hours per week. Experience in administration and or reception is preferable. You will be based at our Wokingham Day Hospice which is on the same site as Wokingham Hospital. You may be required to travel to our other sites on occasions for further training; particularly during induction.
We care for individuals with life limiting and terminal diagnosis and therefore as the individual front of house at our day hospice; we need some one who is welcoming and comforting. You will be required to offer admin assistance to the whole of our day hospice team which includes; our day hospice service, the clinical nurse specialist team and our other outpatient users.
We encourage further educational development and the team leader will work closely with you to ensure your job satisfaction and career development.
What will you be doing?
We need someone who is organised and approachable to ensure the smooth running of our services. Your job role is vital in helping us to provide excellent care to our patient’s.
Some of the job specific roles you will have are:
1) Organising post
2) Answering telephone calls – this will require the sensitive handling of information and therefore you will need to comply with the new GDPR regulations. Training will be offered.
3) Ordering of supplies which include: Office Equipment and Medical equipment under the direction of the team leader.
4) Data input
5) Faxing and electronic sending of patient letter’s and referrals
6) Organising the day hospice new patient folders
7) Completing the minutes for the team meetings and the weekly multi disciplinary team meeting.
8) Organising transport for patients via our fantastic volunteers.
9) Welcoming Patients and Visitors to our day hospice
10) Filing of patient notes and records
11) Typing up letters after dictation
12) Managing Diaries of staff for appointments
13) Ensuring the smooth running of the day hospice from an administrator’s perspective.
14) Complete induction relating to manual handling and data protection.
What we are looking for in a person?
• Someone with Good attention to detail
• Someone who is Able to stay calm under pressure and deal with difficult conversations due to the nature of the job.
• Organised showing attention to detail with an ability to prioritise tasks
• Someone who is a good team player
• Able to show initiative
• Competitive pay rates
• 25 days holiday rising to 30 plus bank holidays pro rata
• Option to buy and sell holiday up to five days
• Private pension matched at either 3% or 5%
• Enhanced Maternity Benefits
• Refer a friend scheme
• Carers leave policy
• 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
• PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services that can amount to an average annual saving of GBP 350
• Staff discount of 15% on new goods at the online shop
• Childcare Vouchers
• Development opportunities for all
Location: Wokingham Day Hospice, Wokingham RG41 2RE.
At Sue Ryder not only do we treat more conditions than any other UK charity in our hospices, neurological care centres and out in the community; we also campaign to improve the lives of people living with them. We see the person, not the condition, taking time to understand the small things that help that person live the fullest life they can.
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED