Nursing Assistant - Palliative Care
Starting rate £7.83 with the opportunity to develop. Excellent enhancements Closing Date
Monday, July 23, 2018 View Advert
About the Job
Keighley, BD22 9HJ
Manorlands Hospice, Oxenhope
Nursing Assistant - Up to 37.5 hours per week (Shifts on internal rotation including days/nights)
As a Nursing Assistant this is your chance to provide personal care and support to service users in a dedicated specialist unit. Carrying out a variety of nursing support activities and helping people achieve their maximum quality of life through individualised care plans.
We are looking for a dedicated and experienced Nursing Assistant with sound clinical skills who is keen to make a real difference. We pride ourselves on a team that has been chosen because they’re highly professional, passionate and dedicated to providing incredible palliative and end of life care.
Nursing Assistant esponsibilities:
• To promote choice in the delivery of care and support. Reviewing and making suggestions to enhance the individuals’ experience.
• To ensure accurate reporting and documentation.
• To participate in care planning implementation and review.
• To promote the values, build morale and encourage others to perform to high standards
You must be flexible with excellent people skills and be a team player. Successful applicants will have recent experience in the delivery of care in a similar environment and have a minimum of NVQ 2 in Health and Social Care.
o 8.00 pm to 6.00 am (nights) 30%
o Friday midnight to Sunday midnight (weekends) 45%
o Public Holidays 24 hours midnight to midnight 60%
• Continuation of NHS pension
• 25 days holiday rising to 30 plus bank holidays pro rata
• Option to buy and sell holiday up to five days
• Private pension matched at either 3% or 5%
• Enhanced Maternity Benefits
• Refer a friend scheme
• Carers leave policy
• 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
• PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services that can amount to an average annual saving of GBP 350
• Staff discount of 15% on new goods at the online shop
• Development opportunities for all
Manorlands is a Sue Ryder hospice, based in West Yorkshire. We’re here for people aged 18 and over living with conditions like cancer, heart failure and lung disease. We offer a range of support, from inpatient care in our 16-bed hospice to day services which help people stay at home longer and offer respite to carers. Our care is available to people living in Craven, Airedale, and Wharfedale as well as central, northern and western areas of Bradford.
Manorlands Hospice is located in the lovely village of Oxenhope. The Bronte Buses B1 and B2 stop nearby, however due to shifts patterns; it is recommended you have your own transport to get to and from work.
At Sue Ryder not only do we treat more conditions than any other UK charity in our hospices, neurological care centres and out in the community; we also campaign to improve the lives of people living with them.
To learn more about joining this incredible team, please apply now or email Gurdeep Timana - firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07970 771294.
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED