Hitchin SG4 8BY, UK
£7.83 per hour Closing Date
Sunday, October 7, 2018 View Advert
About the Job
18 hours per week, Monday-Friday no weekends
Stagenhoe Neurological Centre, St. Paul’s Walden, Hitchin SG4 8BY
Are you a proactive maintenance person with a wide range of practical skills who could help maintain a Grade II Listed building?
Not only will you carry out a variety of maintenance tasks, you’ll oversee volunteers and contractors ensuring work is carried out with minimal disruption.
Responsibilities will include:
• Carry out minor plumbing, electrical and carpentry works and projects that are within capability
• Carry out removal of waste and maintain the refuse area
• Carry out maintenance and decoration to an agreed schedule
• Assist in the supervision and management of external contractors
• Ensure all work complies with Sue Ryder policies, Care Standards and other regulations and requirements
• Ensure due attention to health and safety matters whilst carrying out any works
• Participate in the on-call rota
It's an exciting time to join Sue Ryder and to hit the ground running ideally you will have knowledge of Health and Safety, COSSH and other relevant legislation
You will also be:
• Skilled in a range of minor maintenance procedures
• Able to work within policies and procedures
• Be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Demonstrable skills in supervising others
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to work closely with service users and communicate effectively with them
• A recognised qualification in mechanical or electrical engineering would be an advantage
Stagenhoe is a Sue Ryder specialist neurological care centre based in Hertfordshire, caring for people aged 18 and over who have life-changing conditions affecting the brain and nervous system. We are here for people with degenerative conditions which get worse over time - such as Huntington's disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson's disease - as well as those with acquired conditions resulting from a brain or spinal injury or stroke.
*Competitive Benefits Package* – enhanced payments for unsocial hours, generous holiday entitlement, private pension, staff discount with thousands of retailers, 15% off New Goods and lots more. For a full list of employee benefits please visit our main careers webpage.
Due to the remote location of Stagenhoe your own transport is essential.
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED