Nursing Assistant - Bank
Nettlebed, Henley-on-Thames RG9, UK
15,269 -17,648 per annum pro rata Closing Date
Saturday, August 31, 2019 View Advert
About the Job
We are calling on Nursing Assistants to join our bank register and be part of our amazing in-patient team based at Nettlebed Hospice and our palliative care community team who provide home based end of life support across South Oxfordshire.
We want to hear from dedicated Nursing Assistants with sound clinical skills who are keen to make a real difference. We pride ourselves on a team of Bank staff that has been chosen because they’re highly professional, passionate and dedicated to providing incredible end of life care.
The great benefit about being on the talent bank is the flexibility it provides for both you and the Charity. You have control over when you want to work to fit in with your lifestyle.
• £7.83ph - £9.05 ph depending on experience
• Mileage allowance 45p pence per mile (community based work)
• Salary enhancements - weekends 45% and public holidays 60%
• Private pension scheme matched at 5%
• Referral scheme up to £500
• PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services that can amount to an average annual saving of GBP 350
• Free parking at Nettlebed and subsidised meals
• Development opportunities and training through our structured development framework
This is an exciting service providing support to palliative patients at our Nettlebed hospice and within their own homes. It’s a great opportunity to be part of a team that provides expert and compassionate care to people in their last weeks of life.
As one of our amazing Nursing Assistants you will:
• Implement the agreed care plan to help individuals to be cared for and remain at home safely and independently
• Communicate effectively and appropriately with individuals and their families
• Undertake simple dressings as required, according to the care plan
• Assist individuals with administration of their medication according to policy guidelines
• Carry out any essential domestic duties as agreed in the care plan
• Encourage/support mobility and abide by moving and handling guidelines
• Assist with nutritional needs, as per the nutritional assessment
• Be able to provide observation of temperature and urinalysis. Collection and deliver of specimens for pathological testing
• Monitor syringe drivers, reporting any concerns
• Work to ensure the standard of infection prevention and control are followed at all times
To join us as a Nursing Assistant, you’ll need:
• An NVQ and/or QCF Level 2 qualification (or the willingness to gain this)
• Experience of working in a team
• Strong IT skills, including proficiency in MS Word, the internet and email
• A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle (for community role)
• Strong communication skills and an empathetic approach
Location: Nettlebed Hospice, Henley-on-Thames, RG9 5DF. The River Rapids X38 bus takes you very close to the Hospice.
To be a Community Nursing Assistant you must have a full UK driving licence and your own car.
Sue Ryder are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To learn more about joining this amazing team, please apply now
Other organisations may call this role Care Assistant, Healthcare Assistant, Trainee Care Worker, Health & Social Care Worker, Social Care Worker, or Carer.
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED