Moggerhanger, Bedford MK44, UK
£12.28 - £13.45 per hour plus excellent enhancements Closing Date
Tuesday, August 6, 2019 View Advert
About the Job
Are you an NMC registered nurse? Want to develop a rewarding career with a recognised national charity? If so, this is an amazing opportunity to develop your knowledge in palliative care and work across a range of palliative services.
The great benefit about being on the talent bank is the flexibility it provides for both you and the Charity. You have control over when you want to work to fit in with your lifestyle. You must be flexible with excellent people skills and be a team player
Sue Ryder provides incredible hospice and neurological care to people facing a life-changing or terminal diagnosis. We do whatever we can to act as a safety net for our patients and their loved ones during the most difficult time of their lives.
We’re a national charity and with the help of our 11,000 volunteers, 450 shops, our dedicated staff and supporters, we provided over 2.5 million hours of care last year.
Now, we are calling on Registered Nurses (RGN) to join our amazing hospice in-patient and community services at St John’s Hospice
St John’s Hospice is a Sue Ryder Hospice which is situated in calm and beautiful surroundings. It has 15 inpatient beds, with a team of highly skilled medical and nursing staff dedicated to providing the both physical and emotional support to those requiring palliative and end of life care. By relieving symptoms such as pain, breathlessness and nausea, our specialist teams endeavour to make individuals as comfortable as possible. Our therapy, family support and spiritual care teams are also there to care to provide holistic care for patients, their family and friends.
St John’s Hospice is located nearby a lovely residential area in a small village called Moggerhanger in Bedfordshire. It is serviced by the number 73 bus, however due to shifts patterns; it is recommended you have your own transport to get to and from work.
- £12.28 - £13.45 per hour plus excellent enhancements
- Continuation of NHS pension
- Private pension scheme matched at 5%
- Referral scheme of up to £500
- PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services
- Free parking and subsidised meals
- Development opportunities for all through our structured development framework
We are looking for dedicated registered nurses to join our professional and friendly team. There is plenty of scope to develop your skills in specialist palliative care and planned career progression through our education programme and development framework. So if you are enthusiastic, committed nurse looking to develop your knowledge in specialist palliative care with an expert national charity, then this may be the job for you.
In this key role, you will:
• Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised care using evidence based guidelines
• Liaise with the multidisciplinary team over service user care
• Maintain all records in line with corporate policies and procedures
• Carry out all clinical procedures in line with Sue Ryder policies
• Ensure the care team provide all care in line with the multi professional evidence based care plan
To join our team, you’ll need:
- To be an NMC registered nurse, ideally with post-registration experience in palliative end of life care
- A compassionate and people-centred approach
- Excellent communication skills
Other organisations may call this role Registered Nurse, Staff Nurse, RGN, Registered General Nurse, Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Palliative Care Nurse or Senior Nurse.
Sue Ryder are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
It takes a special sort of person to join our team so if you could see yourself as one of our Registered Nurses, please apply via the button shown.
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED