Mobile Van/Shop Assistant
West Rd, Southend-on-Sea, Westcliff-on-Sea SS0 9AY, UK
£7.83 per hour plus retail reward scheme & pension scheme Closing Date
Wednesday, July 25, 2018 View Advert
About the Job
To cover our Essex shops
Would you like to work in a unique role that gives you the opportunity to work in various shops and also the opportunity to be out and about as our Van Driver's Assistant? Are you able to offer this role retail experience with your excellent customer service care skills? If so, come and join our team and contribute to the work we do across Sue Ryder.
To join us, you need to have a full clean UK driving licence. You'll be used to handling furniture and other large items. You will also have excellent customer service skills. With these talents, you'll deliver retail excellence to grow income and make a difference to Sue Ryder Healthcare and the people we support.
• To help maximise donated income through proactive stock generation, optimum pricing, processing stock to agreed levels and stock planning
• To help maximise New Goods income by assisting with the managing of stock levels and effective merchandising. Assist with quarterly stock takes
• Assist in the collection/deliveries of donated stock/furniture to/from customers as required
Experience and Skills:
• Covers stores as directed by Retail Area Manager
• Experience of working in a team
• Experience of working within a customer focused environment
• Experience of driving a commercial vehicle
• Experience of multi-site collections & deliveries carried out in a timely manner
• Experience in handling furniture and/or large domestic appliances
Our growing numbers of shops are one of the most important ways in which we raise money to support people living through the challenges of life-changing illness. So when you work in one, you're not just helping us to turn a profit - you're helping to improve the lives of the people we exist to help.
*Competitive Benefits Package* – 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata), buy and sell holiday scheme, private pension, staff discount with thousands of retailers, enhanced maternity pay, 15% off New Goods and lots more. For a full list of employee benefits please visit our main careers webpage.
A little bit about us... We are one of the largest charity retailers in the UK with over 450 shops. Our highly effective retail operation generates funding so we can continue to provide 2.7 million hours of expert medical, practical and emotional support every year, in our hospices and neurological centres, in people's homes and in the community. Our much-loved presence on high streets across the country - with a range of new and innovative shops, including boutiques, vintage and retro shops, and large format stores, we want to continue drive up the income that our retail operations generate.
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED