Senior Support Worker
£18,076 per annum
37.5 hours per week. Variable shifts including nights and weekends.
Dee View Court, House 7 – Supported Living
Dee view court Supported living is looking for an experienced Health Care Assistants to care for 2 residents in their supported accommodation. Our supported living services enable people to live as independently as possible in homes that have been specifically adapted to their needs.
• Provide personal care appropriate to individuals’ needs, which includes manual handling, bathing, shaving, dressing, toileting.
• Issue/prompt tenants with medication in accordance with policies and procedures, including logging, checking and recording drugs as well as ensuring their security.
• Tenants users may require support from staff with matters such as laundry and cleaning. General household cleaning duties are undertaken to provide a homely environment that also complies with Health & Safety Legislation.
• Meal planning and preparation is undertaken either with or for tenants, dependent on their need.
• To escort and support tenants in the community on various activities. This may include preparations for the service user’s needs, i.e., lunch, medication, money etc
• Recording details of activities and passing on relevant information verbally to other staff.
You will be an enthusiastic and motivated person who is committed to helping people reach their full potential whilst managing complex health conditions. Successful candidates must be flexible to cover early and late shifts, nights, weekends and public holidays on rotation.
You will have experience of caring for people in a similar environment and preferably have an SVQ level 3 or be willing to undertake this. A robust induction and full training around each residents care needs will be provided.
• **Continuation of NHS pension**
• Company pension scheme
• 25 days holiday - rising to 30 with length of service plus bank holidays
• Option to buy and sell up to five days holiday
• Competitive enhanced pay for nights, weekends and public holidays *
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
• Enhanced sick pay
• Corporate discount with hundreds of retailers and services
• Relocation allowance
• Staff discount of 15% on new goods online at shop.sueryder.org
• Season ticket loan
• Cash referral bonus scheme
• Salary sacrifice car scheme
• Online Wellbeing Centre
• Free Will writing service
• Staff finance loans
• Free uniform
• Carers leave policy
• Subsidised onsite meals and drinks
• Structured induction programme and learning and development opportunities. Dee View Court is SVQ accredited.
At Dee View Court we strive to help our service users live their lives as fully as possible. We offer a huge range of support including long-term residential care in our 22-bed care centre and for two residents in our supported living unit. We also offer specialist rehabilitative services designed to help people improve or regain their abilities. It is an exciting time to join Dee View Court as we are near completing a building expansion that will increase the number of residents to 44.
We welcome informal visits to Dee View Court. Please call 01224 245920 to arrange a visit.
Sue Ryder provides incredible hospice and neurological care to people facing a life-changing or terminal diagnosis. We do whatever we can to act as a safety net for our patients and their loved ones during the most difficult time of their lives.
We’re a national charity and with the help of our 11,000 volunteers, 450 shops, our dedicated staff and supporters, we provided over 2.5 million hours of care last year.