Head of Clinical Services
Circa £45,000 per annum Closing Date
Friday, May 25, 2018 View Advert
About the Job
Head of Clinical Services
St John’s Hospice, Moggerhanger, Bedfordshire
Are you an outstanding nursing leader with a palliative care background? Could you thrive as the Head of Clinical Services at one of the leading palliative care service providers in Bedfordshire? If so, read on.
Sue Ryder provides incredible hospice and neurological care to people facing a life-changing diagnosis. We do whatever we can to act as a safety net for our patients and their loved ones during the most difficult time of their lives.
We’re a national charity and with the help of our 11,000 volunteers, 450 shops, our dedicated staff and supporters, we provided over 2.5 million hours of care last year.
We are now seeking an experienced and inspiring Head of Clinical Services to join our team in Moggerhanger near Bedford at St John’s Hospice.
St John’s Hospice is a specialist palliative care hospice offering Inpatient, Community and Day Therapy services. The Hospice is on a journey of development, with an amazing vision to deliver more palliative care services to the local population. We are looking for an exceptional clinical leader with drive and a passion to facilitate change, join our team and really put our clinical services and teams on the map.
- Salary of circa £45,000 per annum
- Continuation of NHS pension
- 25 days’ holiday rising to 30 plus Bank Holidays
- Option to buy and sell up to five days holiday
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Private pension scheme matched at 5%
- Enhanced maternity pay – 8 weeks full pay, 18 weeks at half pay and 13 weeks SMP
- Refer a nurse bonus scheme
- Free 24 hour employee assistance line for advice on legal, work and personal matters
- Free eye tests
- Carers leave policy
- Long service awards
- Corporate discount scheme with hundreds of retailers and services that can amount to significant annual savings
- Discount of 15% on new goods at on online store
- Travel ticket loan
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised meals and drinks
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Development opportunities for all
As the Head of Clinical Services, you will play a vital role in the development of all clinical services at St John’s Hospice. Within your role you will take responsibility for the quality and the delivery of incredible care and will also act as the Registered Manager for the Hospice with the Care Quality Commission.
As well as driving the development of services and the Hospice clinical team, you will oversee the day-to-day management of the clinical services. You will offer expertise and inspiring leadership to all you work with, putting patients and families at the heart of all you do.
Your role will also include:
- Working with your senior colleagues to map and deliver the vision for St John’s Hospice
- Developing relationships with key commissioners and our provider colleagues
- Deputising for the Hospice Director as required to ensure seamless leadership
- Ensuring a programme of continuous quality improvement is developed and all staff are supported to deliver this as a team
- Leading on the development of new clinical services that respond to demand and best practice
To join us as our Head of Clinical Services, you’ll need:
- RN registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Specialist experience within a palliative care setting
- Clinical leadership and management experience
- Experience of service development and successful change management
- A relevant management qualification or management experience
- An ability to meet the requirements of CQC Registered Manager’s status within three months of being in your post
- A relevant degree in Healthcare or equivalent knowledge
- A current full driving licence
- To be willing and able to work outside normal hours to achieve deadlines and travel occasionally to other sites within the UK
Other organisations may call this role Senior Clinical Services Manager, Head of Care, Head of Care Services, Head of Palliative Care, Registered Manager, Nursing Manager, Palliative Nursing Manager, Healthcare Manager or Senior Care Manager.
Please note, the closing date for the role is the 25th May 2018. Interviews are scheduled for the 12th June 2018.
Sue Ryder are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking to make a real difference as our Head of Clinical Services, please apply via the button shown.
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED