Clinical Nurse Specialist - Community Palliative Care
Nettlebed, Henley-on-Thames RG9, UK
£29, 679 - £39,897 plus enhancements Closing Date
Monday, May 28, 2018 View Advert
About the Job
Sue Ryder is about to launch an exciting new Palliative Care Hub across South Oxfordshire, which incorporates a referral and advice line, a CNS service and a Hospice at Home Service. We are looking for an experienced senior nurse in palliative care to help be part of this exciting new development. This service will work in collaboration with other healthcare providers. An exciting opportunity has arisen for an expert senior nurse in palliative care to help deliver a rapidly expanding community service covering South East and South West Oxfordshire. This includes a hospice at home service, a 24/7 co-ordination and advice line and increased collaboration with other healthcare providers.
The primary aim of the role is to improve the quality of life of patients with advancing life limiting disease – providing more care to more people across South Oxfordshire
• Provide first point of contact support for the palliative care hub telephone service
• Assess referral for admission to the service and perform comprehensive assessment of patients with sensitive and complex palliative care needs.
• Plan, implement and evaluate care delivery according to changing healthcare needs
• Use advanced assessment skills to identify reversible symptoms and develop a plan of care and implement it appropriately
• Provide holistic specialist care for patients appropriate to their needs, wishes and culture. This will include clinical assessment, planning care, monitoring progress, requesting appropriate investigations, and acting on the results
• Able to work autonomously and independently, with good collaborative team working skills
• Leadership skills are essential Establish and maintain effective communication, often of a highly complex and contentious nature, with patients, carers/relatives, and professionals across health and social services.
• Using verbal and written communication and negotiating skills breaking down barriers to understanding with various individuals
• Within specialist assessments, identify issues which are deemed to be actual/potential palliative care emergencies or crises and develop in a timely way, action plans to mitigate distress
• Ensure such plans are developed, documented and communicated in a collaborative way with other professionals, patients and their families.
This is a key role that requires the post holder to have significant experience in palliative and end of life care preferably in a community setting. The role requires strong leadership skills to ensure the staff nurses and nursing assistants are well supported through clinical leadership and supervision.
The role will operate with 12 hour shifts, working autonomously and have an on call requirement to be defined.
Your own driving license and own car are essential. DBS checks will be carried out.
• Competitive pay rates
o Friday midnight to Sunday midnight (weekends) 45%
o Public Holidays 24 hours midnight to midnight 60%
• Continuation of NHS pension
• 25 days holiday rising to 30 plus bank holidays pro rata
• Option to buy and sell holiday up to five days
• Private pension matched at either 3% or 5%
• Enhanced Maternity Benefits
• Refer a friend scheme
• Carers leave policy
• 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
• PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services that can amount to an average annual saving of GBP 350
• Staff discount of 15% on new goods at the online shop
• Childcare Vouchers
• Development opportunities for all
We are at the start of a very exciting period of service delivery in Sue Ryder and this team will form a vital part in the delivery of new models of service across South Oxfordshire. Come and be a part of the journey from the start and help us shape palliative care for more people in more places. .
To learn more about joining this incredible team, please apply now or email Sian Dodunski - @: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07970 771294.
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED