Care Worker - Full / Part Time
Nettlebed, Henley-on-Thames RG9, UK
£16,517 - £21,840 pro rata plus enhancements for weekends and bank holidays Closing Date
Wednesday, May 30, 2018 View Advert
About the Job
Care Worker - Full / Part Time
Nettlebed Hospice, Henley-on-Thames (with travel to sites throughout Henley-on-Thames and the surrounding area)
Are you looking to embark on a rewarding career in healthcare as a Care Worker? Want to increase your skill-set and make a positive difference to people’s lives? If so, this is an amazing opportunity to take your next step with a nationally-renowned charity.
Sue Ryder provides incredible hospice and neurological care to people facing a life-changing diagnosis. We do whatever we can to act as a safety net for our patients and their loved ones during the most difficult time of their lives.
We’re a national charity and with the help of our 11,000 volunteers, 450 shops, our dedicated staff and supporters, we provided over 2.5 million hours of care last year.
We need the very best people, who share our vision, to join our team and help us to deliver more care to more people. Now, we’re looking for a number of Care Workers to join us on a full or part time basis.
You’ll join Nettlebed Hospice, which offers an inpatient unit and day services for people aged 18 and over who are living with conditions like cancer, heart failure and lung disease.
- Competitive salary
- 45% enhanced pay for weekend working
- 65% enhanced pay for working public holidays
- Outstanding training
- Private pension scheme and employee assistance line
- Free eye tests, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and travel ticket loan
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Car sacrifice scheme
- £500 refer a nurse bonus scheme
- Carer’s leave policy and long service awards
- Corporate discount scheme with hundreds of retailers and services
- 25 days’ holiday rising with service (pro rata for part time) plus Bank Holidays
- Option to buy and sell up to five days’ holiday
We put personalisation at the heart of our care provision, our organisation, our people and in what we do. Every single member of our team is different, and we believe this variety is key to our success.
As such, we recognise our people as individuals, and we’re committed to making Sue Ryder a great place to work for each and every one of our employees.
We offer excellent development opportunities, as well as the chance to gain new skills and utilise your knowledge to help others perform to the best of their ability.
Many people believe that once you have a life-changing illness there’s little left. We don’t.
If you agree, come and join the team.
As a Care Worker, you’ll provide high quality, person-centred care and support to individuals using Sue Ryder’s services.
Working as a key member of the Health and Social Care Team, you will:
- Deliver care services while ensuring a safe, clean and comfortable environment
- Actively promote and support the rights and choices of individuals using our services
- Suggest ways to further enhance our care offering
- Promote Sue Ryder’s values, help to build morale and encourage others to perform to high standards
- Take part in training to further increase your abilities
To join us as a Care Worker, you’ll need:
- Experience of working in a team
- Strong IT skills, including proficiency in MS Word, the internet and email
- An NVQ and/or QCF Level 2 qualification (or the willingness to gain this)
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle
- Strong communication skills and an empathetic approach
Other organisations may call this role Care Assistant, Trainee Care Worker, Health & Social Care Worker, Social Care Worker, Carer or Healthcare Assistant.
This role is available on a full or part time basis. Shifts are 8:00 – 20:00.
Webrecruit and Sue Ryder are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking to learn, grow and succeed as a Care Worker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED