Health Care Assistant
£7.92 - £8.32 p/h plus excellent enhancements and £500 recruitment bonus!* Closing Date
Wednesday, July 31, 2019 View Advert
About the Job
Are you a Healthcare Assistant looking to develop your skills in a specialist and rewarding environment?
We want to hear from dedicated and experienced Health Care Assistants with sound clinical skills who are keen to make a real difference. We pride ourselves on a team that has been chosen because they’re highly professional, passionate and dedicated to providing expert and compassionate care to our residents.
The Chantry has been providing specialist neurological care for over 20 years and has built a strong reputation for quality, personalised and innovative care and rehabilitation through its range of residential and community based services. The residential service currently provides 29 beds for adults requiring slow stream rehabilitation and long stays placements due to complex neurological disability. You will be joining us at an exciting time as our building and services are growing.
Following a new extension to our centre, we will be providing new specialist neuro rehabilitation ( level 2) which will initially operate for 3 clients in purpose built rooms , moving to 8 beds over time. The service will have input from a consultant in rehabilitation medicine and provide multi disciplinary therapy programmes for 12 weeks and up to 6 month stays.
As a Healthcare Assistant joining our team, you will develop your skills in this specialist area of practice by working initially with our residents, led by our head of clinical care and senior nurses and alongside our therapy team with an opportunity to rotate to work in our level 2 unit.
The Chantry is a unique and beautiful adapted listed mansion house set in beautiful parkland it is a truly special environment to work in where you will know you are making a difference every day.
• To promote choice in the delivery of care and support. Reviewing and making suggestions to enhance the individuals’ experience.
• To ensure accurate reporting and documentation.
• To participate in care planning implementation and review.
• To promote the values, build morale and encourage others to perform to high standards
You must be flexible with excellent people skills and be a team player. Successful applicants will have recent experience in the delivery of care in a similar environment and have or be willing to gain an NVQ 2 in health and social care.
• Competitive pay rates
• £500 Recruitment bonus – Terms and conditions apply
o 8.00 pm to 6.00 am (nights) 30%
o Friday midnight to Sunday midnight (weekends) 45%
o Public Holidays 24 hours midnight to midnight 60%
• Continuation of NHS pension
• 25 days holiday rising to 30 plus bank holidays pro rata
• Option to buy and sell holiday up to five days
• Private pension matched at either 3% or 5%
• Enhanced Maternity Benefits
• Refer a friend scheme
• Carers leave policy
• 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
• PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services that can amount to an average annual saving of GBP 350
• Staff discount of 15% on new goods at the online shop
• Childcare Vouchers
• Development opportunities for all
The Chantry is set in a beautiful grade 2 listed building in Chantry Park, Ipswich. There are several Local busses that stop within walking distance of The Chantry.
To learn more about joining this incredible team, please apply now or call or Gurdeep Timana, our Recruitment Business Partner on 07970 771294 or email email@example.com.
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED