Nursing Assistant - Palliative Care
£7.83 - £8.18 p/h plus excellent enhancements Closing Date
Wednesday, July 25, 2018 View Advert
About the Job
We want to hear from dedicated Nursing Assistants with sound clinical skills who are keen to make a real difference. We pride ourselves on a team that has been chosen because they’re highly professional, passionate and dedicated to providing incredible end of life care.
Full time/Part time and bank positions available.
• To promote choice in the delivery of care and support. Reviewing and making suggestions to enhance the individuals’ experience.
• To ensure accurate reporting and documentation.
• To participate in care planning implementation and review.
• To promote the values, build morale and encourage others to perform to high standards
You must be flexible with excellent people skills and be a team player. Successful applicants will have recent experience in the delivery of care in a similar environment and have or be willing to gain an NVQ 2 in health and social care.
• Competitive pay rates
o 8.00 pm to 6.00 am (nights) 30%
o Friday midnight to Sunday midnight (weekends) 45%
o Public Holidays 24 hours midnight to midnight 60%
• Continuation of NHS pension
• 25 days holiday rising to 30 plus bank holidays pro rata
• Option to buy and sell holiday up to five days
• Private pension matched at either 3% or 5%
• Enhanced Maternity Benefits
• Refer a friend scheme
• Carers leave policy
• 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
• PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services that can amount to an average annual saving of GBP 350
• Staff discount of 15% on new goods at the online shop
• Childcare Vouchers
• Development opportunities for all
Duchess of Kent Hospice is a 15-bed inpatient hospice. All beds are in private rooms overlooking our wonderful courtyard garden and all have en-suite facilities.
Our hospices offer inpatient care in calm and beautiful surroundings, with staff highly skilled in dealing with the physical and emotional effects of life-limiting conditions. By relieving symptoms such as pain, breathlessness and nausea, our specialist teams make people as comfortable as possible. Our therapy, family support and spiritual care teams are also there to care for the whole person, their family and friends.
At Sue Ryder not only do we treat more conditions than any other UK charity in our hospices, neurological care centres and out in the community; we also campaign to improve the lives of people living with them.
To learn more about joining this incredible team, please apply now or call Gurdeep Timana on 07970 771294 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED