Duchess of Kent
£23,771 - £28,860 per annum (depending on experience)
Weekends 45%, nights 30% and public holidays 60%, plus continuation of NHS pension.
Are you an NMC Registered Nurse? Would you like to develop a rewarding career with a recognised national charity? If so, this is an amazing opportunity to develop your knowledge in palliative care and work across a range of palliative services.
Sue Ryder supports people through the most difficult times of their lives. Whether that’s a terminal illness, the loss of a loved one or a neurological condition – we’re there when it matters. Our doctors, nurses and carers give people the compassion and expert care they need to help them live the best life they possibly can.
Now, we are calling on Registered Nurses (RGN) to join our amazing hospice at the Duchess of Kent.
Duchess of Kent is a Sue Ryder hospice, based in Reading. We’re here for people aged 18 and over living with conditions like cancer, heart failure and lung disease. We offer a range of support from our three sites, from inpatient care at the 15-bed Duchess of Kent Hospice in Reading, day services which help people stay at home longer and offer respite to carers, to Wokingham Day Hospice and Charles Clore Day Hospice in Newbury.
• Company pension scheme
• 25 days holiday - rising to 30 with length of service plus bank holidays
• Option to buy and sell up to five days holiday
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
• Enhanced sick pay
• Paid qualifications
• Continuation of NHS pension
• Corporate discount with hundreds of retailers and services
• Staff discount of 15% on new goods online at shop.sueryder.org
• Cash referral bonus scheme
• Salary sacrifice car scheme
• Online Wellbeing Centre
• Free Will writing service
• Staff finance loans
• Free onsite parking
• Free uniform
• Carers leave policy
• Subsidised onsite meals and drinks
• Structured induction programme and learning and development opportunities
In this key role, you will:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised care using evidence-based guidelines
- Maintain high standards of care delivery by working collaboratively within regulatory body standards and the Sue Ryder Quality Governance Policy
- Provide support, leadership appraisal and supervision to team members as appropriate
- Act as an ambassador of Sue Ryder to service users and their relatives, colleagues and members of the public
To join our team, you’ll need:
- To be an NMC registered nurse, ideally with post-registration experience in palliative end of life care
- A compassionate and people-centred approach
- Excellent communication skills
We aim to be flexible and are happy to discuss your needs and requirements.
Other organisations may call this role Registered Nurse, Staff Nurse, RGN, Registered General Nurse, Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Palliative Care Nurse or Senior Nurse. Subject to DBS check and on-boarding checks.
It takes a special sort of person to join our team so if you could see yourself as one of our Registered Nurses, please apply.