Duchess of Kent Hospice, Liebenrood Road, Reading, RG30 2DX.
£8.03 per hour, plus excellent enhancements and employee benefits.
Variable bank hours including weekends.
Would you like to work in a lively, supportive team? We can't think of a better place to than at Duchess of Kent Hospice.
We are looking for Bank Domestic Support Workers to join our team. You will be helping to maintain the highest possible standard of cleanliness throughout our Hospice. Your job will include laundry, daily vacuuming, mopping and cleaning of patient’s rooms, bathrooms and toilets.
Experience and skills required:
• Able to work as part of a team
• Able to communicate verbally and in writing
• Understanding of COSSH and Health and Safety Regulations
Duchess of Kent is a Sue Ryder hospice, based in Reading. We’re here for people aged 18 and over living with conditions like cancer, heart failure and lung disease. We offer a range of support from our three sites, from inpatient care at the 15-bed Duchess of Kent Hospice in Reading, day services which help people stay at home longer and offer respite to carers, to Wokingham Day Hospice and Charles Clore Day Hospice in Newbury.
• Company pension scheme
• Corporate discount with hundreds of retailers and services
• Staff discount of 15% on new goods online at shop.sueryder.org
• Online Wellbeing Centre
• Free Will writing service
• Staff finance loans
• Free onsite parking
• Free uniform
• Subsidised onsite meals and drinks
• Structured induction programme and learning and development opportunities
Subject to DBS check and references.
Sue Ryder supports people through the most difficult times of their lives. Whether that’s a terminal illness, the loss of a loved one or a neurological condition – we’re there when it matters. Our doctors, nurses and carers give people the compassion and expert care they need to help them live the best life they possibly can.