*£200 retention bonus for level 2 or above in Health & Social Care payable after 6 months probation*
If you are passionate about providing expert and compassionate care, join the team at Sue Ryder's Stagenhoe Park and we'll ensure your job as Care Assistant makes you feel incredible too! With flexible working hours and an excellent personalised training programme this is a wonderful opportunity to develop your skills as a Care Assistant in the specialist field of neurological care.
Full time and part time hours available for day and night shifts. Evenings and weekends on rota.
• To promote choice in the delivery of care and support. Reviewing and making suggestions to enhance the individuals’ experience.
• To ensure accurate reporting and documentation.
• To participate in care planning implementation and review.
• To promote the values, build morale and encourage others to perform to high standards
Successful applicants will ideally have recent experience in the delivery of care in a similar environment and it is essential you have a minimum of an NVQ 2 in health and social care. More importantly you will be committed to helping people reach their full potential and live full lives.
8.00 pm to 6.00 am (nights) 30%
Friday midnight to Sunday midnight (weekends 45%
Public Holidays 24 hours midnight to midnight 60%
• 25 days holiday rising to 30 with service plus bank holidays
• Option to buy and sell holiday up to five days
• Private pension matched at 5%
• Enhanced Maternity Benefits
• Cash referral bonus scheme for certain roles
• Carers leave policy
• 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
• PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services that can amount to an average annual saving of GBP 350
• Staff discount of 15% on new goods at the online shop
• Childcare Vouchers and cycle to work scheme
• Free onsite parking and good transport links
• Susidised meals
• Staff loans and company car loans
• Free uniform
• Wellbeing centre and free will writing service
• Opportunities to progress through our development framework structure
Stagenhoe Park is located 8 miles outside Hitchin in the village of St Paul's Walden. Due to its location access to your own transport is required.
Stagenhoe is a Sue Ryder specialist neurological care centre based in Hertfordshire, caring for people aged 18 and over who have life-changing conditions affecting the brain and nervous system. We are here for people with degenerative conditions such as Huntington's disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson's disease - as well as those with acquired conditions resulting from a brain or spinal injury or stroke.
At Sue Ryder not only do we treat more conditions than any other UK charity in our hospices, neurological care centres and out in the community; we also campaign to improve the lives of people living with them.
*Bank Opportunities also available
To learn more about joining this incredible team and becoming a Sue Ryder Nurse, please apply now or get in touch.