St Pauls Walden, Hitchin SG4 8BU, UK
£8.25-£8.59 per hour plus competitive benefits Closing Date
Thursday, June 7, 2018 View Advert
About the Job
If you are passionate about providing incredible care join the team at Sue Ryder's Stagenhoe Park and we'll ensure your job as Care Assistant makes you feel incredible too! With flexible working hours and an excellent personalised training programme this is a wonderful opportunity to develop t your skills as a Care Assistant in the specialist field of neurological care.
Full time and part time hours available for day and night shifts. Evenings and weekends on rota.
• To promote choice in the delivery of care and support. Reviewing and making suggestions to enhance the individuals’ experience.
• To ensure accurate reporting and documentation.
• To participate in care planning implementation and review.
• To promote the values, build morale and encourage others to perform to high standards
Successful applicants will ideally have recent experience in the delivery of care in a similar environment and it is essential you have a minimum of an NVQ 2 in health and social care. More importantly you will be committed to helping people reach their full potential and live full lives.
• Competitive pay rates
o 8.00 pm to 6.00 am (nights) 30%
o Friday midnight to Sunday midnight (weekends) 45%
o Public Holidays 24 hours midnight to midnight 60%
• Continuation of NHS pension
• 25 days holiday rising to 30 plus bank holidays pro rata
• Option to buy and sell holiday up to five days
• Private pension matched at either 3% or 5%
• Enhanced Maternity Benefits
• Refer a friend scheme
• Carers leave policy
• 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
• PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services that can amount to an average annual saving of GBP 350
• Staff discount of 15% on new goods at the online shop
• Childcare Vouchers
• Development opportunities for all
Stagenhoe Park is located 8 miles outside Hitchin in the village of St Paul's Walden. Due to its location access to your own transport is required.
Stagenhoe is a Sue Ryder specialist neurological care centre based in Hertfordshire, caring for people aged 18 and over who have life-changing conditions affecting the brain and nervous system. We are here for people with degenerative conditions such as Huntington's disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson's disease - as well as those with acquired conditions resulting from a brain or spinal injury or stroke.
At Sue Ryder not only do we treat more conditions than any other UK charity in our hospices, neurological care centres and out in the community; we also campaign to improve the lives of people living with them.
*Bank Opportunities also available
To learn more about joining this incredible team and becoming a Sue Ryder Nurse, please apply now or email Sian Dodunski - @: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07970 771294
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED