Nettlebed, Henley-on-Thames RG9 5DF, UK
£15,269-£15,951 per annum pro rata plus enhancements for unsocial hours Closing Date
Sunday, September 30, 2018 View Advert
About the Job
Henley-on-Thames, RG9 5DF
Nursing Assistant - IPU
£15,269-£15,951 per annum plus enhancements
We want to hear from dedicated Nursing Assistants with sound clinical skills who are keen to make a real difference. We pride ourselves on a team that has been chosen because they’re highly professional, passionate and dedicated to providing incredible palliative and end of life care.
Full time and Part time positions available.
• To promote choice in the delivery of care and support. Reviewing and making suggestions to enhance the individuals’ experience.
• To ensure accurate reporting and documentation.
• To participate in care planning implementation and review.
• To promote the values, build morale and encourage others to perform to high standards
You must be flexible with excellent people skills and be a team player. Successful applicants will have recent experience in the delivery of care in a similar environment and have or be willing to complete an NVQ 2 in health and social care.
• Competitive pay rates
o 8.00 pm to 6.00 am (nights) 30%
o Friday midnight to Sunday midnight (weekends) 45%
o Public Holidays 24 hours midnight to midnight 60%
• Continuation of NHS pension
• 25 days holiday rising to 30 plus bank holidays pro rata
• Option to buy and sell holiday up to five days
• Private pension matched at either 3% or 5%
• Enhanced Maternity Benefits
• Refer a friend scheme
• Carers leave policy
• 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
• PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services that can amount to an average annual saving of GBP 350
• Staff discount of 15% on new goods at the online shop
• Childcare Vouchers
• Development opportunities for all
At Nettlebed Hospice, we provide incredible palliative care for people with life-limiting conditions, helping people live as well as possible with the effects of their condition by offering symptom management and support from a team of multi skilled healthcare professionals. Nettlebed Hospice has an inpatient unit with 12 beds, located either in single rooms or single-sex rooms of two or three beds. These are all on the first floor and look out onto our wonderful grounds.
Not only do we treat more conditions than any other UK charity in our hospices, neurological care centres and out in the community; we also campaign to improve the lives of people living with them. We see the person, not the condition, taking time to understand the small things that help that person live the fullest life they can. Our shops, fundraising and volunteers support us to be there for people at the most difficult time of their lives.
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED