South East Region – London, W Sussex, Surrey Berks, Home Counties and N Essex
Home based with travel as required
Competitive salary plus benefits scheme
Maternity Cover - 1 year Fixed
Are you an employee relations focused HR Advisor with large scale multi-site experience? If so join one the UK’s most recognisable charities and contribute to the incredible work we do.
We are looking for an experienced HR Advisor to support our Income (Retail and Fundraising) and Business Services teams across the charity. This is an excellent opportunity to develop tools and practices that assist and develop managers and their teams to perform in their roles. Reporting to the People Business Partner for Income and Business Services you will provide a professional HR service to managers that span across employee relations, recruitment and the development of our teams
Other responsibilities include:
• Providing advice and support to managers in handling complex employee relations issues such as discipline, absence, capability, changes to terms and conditions and assist Managers in the preparation of case statements
• Acting as the People representative at formal hearings and meetings and managing an agreed case load
• Assisting with the roll out and implementation of Policies and Procedures as required and promoting best practice behaviours through expertise and up to date knowledge
• Attending selection interviews as required and advise managers on fair and effective recruitment and selection practices, supporting the job evaluation processes as required.
• To support other associated HR tasks or projects as required by People Business Partner in order to achieve the delivery of an efficient and proactive people service.
It’s an exciting time to join Sue Ryder and to hit the ground running ideally you will have CIPD Membership alongside a sound understanding of employment law in its practical application and have expertise in employee relations. You’ll be experienced at building and maintaining excellent relationships with multiple teams across a large geographical area. You will have experience of managing and prioritising a busy case load. You will have excellent communication skills and able to communicate effectively at all levels as well as excellent written communication skills and an outstanding attention to detail.
**Competitive Employee Benefits**
Company pension scheme, 25 days holiday - rising to 30 with length of service plus bank holidays, option to buy and sell up to five days holiday, enhanced maternity and paternity pay, paid mileage, enhanced sick pay, cash referral bonus scheme, corporate discount with hundreds of retailers and services, staff discount of 15% on new goods online, salary sacrifice car scheme, online wellbeing centre, free will writing service, staff finance loans, carers leave policy and lots more.
Sue Ryder supports people through the most difficult times of their lives. Whether that’s a terminal illness, the loss of a loved one or a neurological condition – we’re there when it matters. Our doctors, nurses and carers give people the compassion and expert care they need to help them live the best life they possibly can.
Interviews w/c 17th December and w/c 7th January 2019