Aberdeen AB12 5JY, UK
£8.56 per hour Closing Date
Friday, September 28, 2018 View Advert
About the Job
Monday to Friday, occasional nights and weekends.
If you are looking for more control over when you work or some additional hours on top of another job please come and join our bank team today!
Do you have catering experience and looking for a role where you can really make a difference?
As a Cook you will be joining a small friendly kitchen team providing incredible care through providing delicious meals for our patients and their families.
Not only is this your chance to improve our residents quality of life but you will be able to develop your own catering skills as you help design new menus and create new recipes to cater for a wide variety of diets.
• Ensure that all food is correctly and safely prepared and stored
• In the absence of the Chef ensure that all catering staff follow Sue Ryder policies and procedures
• In the absence of the Chef provide a catering service within available resources
• Ensure all equipment is left clean at end of shift in line with systems in place
• Record all information as required by Sue Ryder policies and procedures
To be successful in this role you must have previous experience of working in a kitchen. A qualification in catering would be an advantage. You will also:
• Be a team player
• Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Able to cook/prepare food
• IT literate
• Experience of working in a catering environment
• Knowledge of COSSH and Health & Safety regulations
• A Food Hygiene certificate
Dee View Court is based in Kincorth, Aberdeen, caring for people aged 18 and over with life-changing conditions affecting the brain and nervous system.
At Sue Ryder not only do we treat more conditions than any other UK charity in our hospices, neurological care centres and out in the community; we also campaign to improve the lives of people living with them. We see the person, not the condition, taking time to understand the small things that help that person live the fullest life they can. Our shops, fundraising and volunteers support us to be there for people at the most difficult time of their lives.
*Competitive Benefits Package* – enhanced payments for weekends, generous holiday entitlement, private pension, staff discount with thousands of retailers, 15% off New Goods and lots more. For a full list of employee benefits please visit our main careers webpage.
For an informal discussion regarding this role or to arrange an informal visit to Dee View Court, please call Fiona Fettes on 01224 245920.
PVG membership is required for these posts and we can assist you gaining this.
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED