£8.56 per hour
Hours ‘as and when’ basis between Monday to Friday with an occasional weekend
Dee View Court Neurological Care Centre, Aberdeen AB12 5JY
If you are looking for more control over when you work or some additional hours on top of another job please come and join our bank team today!
Do you have catering experience and looking for a role where you can really make a difference?
As a Cook you will be joining a small friendly kitchen team providing delicious meals for our patients and their families.
Not only is this your chance to improve our residents quality of life but you will be able to develop your own catering skills as you help design new menus and create new recipes to cater for a wide variety of diets.
• Ensure that all food is correctly and safely prepared and stored
• In the absence of the Chef ensure that all catering staff follow Sue Ryder policies and procedures
• In the absence of the Chef provide a catering service within available resources
• Ensure all equipment is left clean at end of shift in line with systems in place
• Record all information as required by Sue Ryder policies and procedures
To be successful in this role you must have previous experience of working in a kitchen. A qualification in catering would be an advantage. You will also:
• Be a team player
• Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Able to cook/prepare food
• IT literate
• Experience of working in a catering environment
• Knowledge of COSSH and Health & Safety regulations
• A Food Hygiene certificate
At Dee View Court we strive to help our service users live their lives as fully as possible. We offer a huge range of support including long-term residential care in our 22-bed care centre and for two residents in our supported living unit. We also offer specialist rehabilitative services designed to help people improve or regain their abilities.
• Company pension scheme
• Competitive enhanced pay for nights, weekends and public holidays
• Corporate discount with hundreds of retailers and services
• Online Wellbeing Centre
• Free Will writing service
• Free onsite parking
• Free uniform
• Subsidised onsite meals and drinks
• Structured induction programme and learning and development opportunities
For an informal discussion regarding this role or to arrange an informal visit to Dee View Court, please call Fiona Fettes on 01224 245920.
PVG membership is required for this post and we can assist you gaining this.