Hitchin SG4 8BY, UK
£24,000 plus enhancements for weekends and bank holidays Closing Date
Tuesday, May 29, 2018 View Advert
About the Job
Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Are you an experienced Chef with sound people and kitchen management skills?
Have you worked in a care home or similar setting?
As our new Chef you will be responsible for planning suitable menus appropriate for meeting specific dietary requirements. You’ll ensure our busy kitchen runs smoothly which provides three meals a day for up to 45 residents and meals for staff.
- previous experience of managing kitchens
- people management skills including performance management
- experience of providing food that meets specific dietary guidelines
- menu planning
- good communication skills
- S/NVQ3 (or equivalent in General Catering) or City and Guilds 706/707 1&2 or 7100
- an Advanced Food Hygiene certificate (or be willing to obtain one within six months)
- Knowledge of regulation (such as COSSH, Health & Safety or HACCP)
Stagenhoe is a Sue Ryder specialist neurological care centre based in Hitchin, caring for people aged 18 and over who have life-changing conditions affecting the brain and nervous system. We are here for people with degenerative conditions which get worse over time - such as motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson's - as well as those with acquired conditions resulting from a brain or spinal injury or stroke.
It's a really exciting time to be joining our team at Sue Ryder and we're offering some great benefits too:
• 25 days holiday - plus bank holidays
• Option to buy and sell up to five days holiday
• Salary sacrifice car scheme
• Private pension matched at either 3% or 5% / Auto enrolment pension scheme
• Enhanced maternity pay
• Staff discount of 15% on new goods on the Sue Ryder website
• £500 'Refer a Nurse' scheme
• 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
• People Perks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services that can amount to an average annual saving of £350
• Childcare vouchers
• Cycle to work scheme
• Free onsite parking
Stagenhoe Park is located 8 miles outside Hitchin in the village of St Paul's Walden. Due to its location access to your own transport is required.
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED