Registered Nurse - Bank
Wheatfields Hospice, Leeds
Are you an NMC registered nurse? Want to develop a rewarding career with a recognised national charity? If so, this is an amazing opportunity to develop your knowledge in palliative care and work across a range of palliative services.
Sue Ryder provides incredible hospice and neurological care to people facing a life-changing or terminal diagnosis. We do whatever we can to act as a safety net for our patients and their loved ones during the most difficult time of their lives.
We’re a national charity and with the help of our 11,000 volunteers, 450 shops, our dedicated staff and supporters, we provided over 2.5 million hours of care last year.
Now, we are calling on Registered Nurses (RGN) to join our bank system at our amazing hospice. We offer a huge range of support to people living in the North West, West and South of Leeds, from inpatient care in our 18 bed hospice to day services which help people stay at home longer and offer respite to carers.
- £22,679 - £28,588 per annum, pro rata plus enhancements & competitive benefits
- Continuation of NHS pension
- Private pension scheme matched at 5%
- Referral scheme of up to £500
- Free parking & subsidized meals
- Great opportunities for attending free internal education days
- PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services
- Development opportunities for all through our structured development framework
In this key role, you will:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised care using evidence-based guidelines
- Maintain high standards of care delivery by working collaboratively within regulatory body standards and the Sue Ryder Quality Governance Policy
- Provide support, leadership appraisal and supervision to team members as appropriate
- Act as an ambassador of Sue Ryder to service users and their relatives, colleagues and members of the public
To join our team, you’ll need:
- To be an NMC registered nurse, ideally with post-registration experience in palliative end of life care
- A compassionate and people-centred approach
- Excellent communication skills
Other organisations may call this role Registered Nurse, Staff Nurse, RGN, Registered General Nurse, Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Palliative Care Nurse or Senior Nurse.
If you are looking for more control over when you work or some additional hours on top of another job please come and join our amazing team of bank nurses today.
Sue Ryder are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
It takes a special sort of person to join our team so if you could see yourself as one of our Registered Nurses, please apply via the button shown.