Staff Nurse – Hospice at Home
£23,946 - £26,228 per annum Closing Date
Saturday, August 31, 2019 View Advert
About the Job
Staff Nurse – Hospice at Home
Location: East Of England
Job Sector: Nursing
Salary: £23,946 - £26,228 pa DOE plus excellent enhancements
Employment Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: Full time and part time roles available. Week-days & Weekends on rotation.
Registered Nurse (Staff Nurse)
Are you an NMC registered nurse? Do you have community experience? Want to develop a rewarding career with a recognised national charity? If so, this is an amazing opportunity to develop your knowledge in palliative care and work across a range of palliative services.
Sue Ryder provides incredible hospice and neurological care to people facing a life-changing or terminal diagnosis. We do whatever we can to act as a safety net for our patients and their loved ones during the most difficult time of their lives.
We’re a national charity and with the help of our 11,000 volunteers, 450 shops, our dedicated staff and supporters, we provided over 2.5 million hours of care last year.
We are looking for dedicated nurses with experience in palliative care or oncology to join our professional and friendly In-Patient Unit team where you can make a real difference.
Thorpe Hall has a hospice at home service running in our local community. We take patients for symptom management and end of life care, providing support and care in their own homes. We are a close professional team who have nurtured good working relationships with other community professionals around patients and their families. Our Hospice at Home nurses are expected to have a good knowledge of holistic care, including strong symptom management skills and skills in the use of syringe drivers.
- £23,946 - £26,228 pa DOE plus excellent enhancements
- Continuation of NHS pension
- Private pension scheme matched at 5%
- Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
- Referral scheme of up to £500
- Carer’s leave policy
- 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
- PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services
- Staff discounts of 15% at the Sue Ryder online shop
- Childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme
- Staff loans and company car loans
- Free parking and subsidised meals
- Wellbeing centre and free will writing service
- Development opportunities for all through our structured development framework
- 25 days’ holiday (rising to 30 with service) plus Bank Holidays
We need Registered Nurses who can work well in a close team but also on their own initiative. There is plenty of scope to develop your skills in specialist palliative care and planned career progression through our education programme and development framework is encouraged. So if you are enthusiastic, committed and looking to develop your knowledge in specialist palliative care with an expert national charity, then this should be your next career move.
In this key role, you will:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised care for patients at home using evidence-based guidelines
- Maintain high standards of care delivery by working collaboratively within regulatory body standards and the Sue Ryder Quality Governance Policy
- Provide support, leadership appraisal and supervision to team members as appropriate
- Act as an ambassador of Sue Ryder to service users and their relatives, colleagues and members of the public
To join our team, you’ll need:
- To be an NMC registered nurse, ideally with post-registration experience in palliative end of life care
- To have community experience
- A compassionate and people-centred approach
- Excellent communication skills
Other organisations may call this role Registered Nurse, Staff Nurse, RGN, Registered General Nurse, Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Palliative Care Nurse or Senior Nurse.
Sue Ryder are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
It takes a special sort of person to join our team so if you could see yourself as one of our Registered Nurses, please apply via the button shown.
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED