Do you have retail experience with excellent customer service skills? Does flexible working and extra hours appeal to you? If so, come and assist and support our Shop Manager to run our Driffield shop and contribute to the work we do across Sue Ryder.
As our new Shop Supervisor you will help us to create a well-presented shop where customers get great service. You will sort and size stock, and be on hand to help customers with their purchases. Remember that you could often be moving stock – which may involve lifting heavy goods or furniture.
Other responsibilities include:
• To be responsible of opening, closing and running the shop in the absence of the Shop Manager
• To help maximise donated income through proactive stock generation, optimum pricing, processing stock to agreed levels and stock planning
• To help maximise New Goods income by assisting with the managing of stock levels and effective merchandising. Assist with quarterly stock takes
• To assist the Shop Manager to recruit, train and retain a team of shop volunteers
To do this, you should have experience working within a customer focused environment and working as part of a team. You should also have good basic arithmetic and a gift for dealing with people. With these talents, you’ll deliver retail excellence to grow income and make a difference to Sue Ryder Healthcare and the people we support
Experience and Skills:
• Retail experience
• Manage stock to minimize loss and maximize income
• Handles payment by cash, card or cheque responsibly and accurately
*Competitive Benefits Package* – 25 days holiday rising to 30 with length of service plus bank holidays, option to buy and sell up to five days holiday, company pension scheme, staff discount with thousands of retailers, enhanced maternity pay, staff discount of 15% on new goods online at shop.sueryder.org and lots more. Please visit our careers website for the full list.
A little bit about us... We are one of the largest charity retailers in the UK with over 450 shops. Our highly effective retail operation generates funding so we can continue to provide 2.7 million hours of expert medical, practical and emotional support every year, in our hospices and neurological centres, in people's homes and in the community. Our much-loved presence on high streets across the country - with a range of new and innovative shops, including boutiques, vintage and retro shops, and large format stores, we want to continue drive up the income that our retail operations generate.
This role will include a 10p per hour enhancement when covering the Shop Manager responsibilities in their absence.