Are you experienced at managing or supervising a team within the retail sector? Are you passionate on delivering great customer service? If so, come and join our team at the Bourton-on-the-Water shop and be part of one of the UK’s most recognisable charities and contribute to the work we do across Sue Ryder.
Our Sue Ryder shop in Bourton is nestled just off the High Street behind The Manse Hotel. Our small and friendly shop sells a variety of donated stock with bric-a-brac being our speciality. We restock daily and have a varied range of items on sale, spanning everything from books and toys to a fantastic selection of quality ladies and men's wear.Our new goods stock ranges from sweets, cards and homewares to our very poplar garden statues.
The key responsibilities include:
• Managing a team of paid staff and volunteers alongside the manager to ensure they receive ongoing support and training to assist you in providing an excellent customer experience
• Proactively maintain a well merchandised shop that pushes the boundaries and goes above and beyond your customers’ individual expectations
• Encourage regular inbound donated goods, including furniture and white goods for the shop, managing the stock processing, pricing and display
• Work with Area Managers to achieve various objectives and targets relating to productivity and income
You will have retail experience with the commercial awareness to deliver sales. You’ll have a positive attitude and good judgement to do the right thing. A basic understanding of finance and good IT skills are essential. Above all else you will have a positive can do attitude combined with the ambition to succeed in making a difference.
Experience and Skills:
• Experience managing or supervising a team
• Retail experience
• Experience of working in a team
• Handles payments by cash, card or cheque responsibly and accurately
• Able to use own initiative and work autonomously
*Competitive Benefits Package* – 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata), buy and sell holiday scheme, private pension, staff discount with thousands of retailers, enhanced maternity pay, 15% off New Goods and lots more. For a full list of employee benefits please visit our main careers webpage.
A little bit about us... We are one of the largest charity retailers in the UK with over 450 shops. Our highly effective retail operation generates funding so we can continue to provide 2.7 million hours of expert medical, practical and emotional support every year, in our hospices and neurological centres, in people's homes and in the community. Our much-loved presence on high streets across the country - with a range of new and innovative shops, including boutiques, vintage and retro shops, and large format stores, we want to continue drive up the income that our retail operations generate.