Staff Nurse - Palliative Care
£23,946 - £26,228 pa DOE plus excellent enhancements Closing Date
Wednesday, October 30, 2019 View Advert
About the Job
Registered Nurse (Staff Nurse)
Are you an NMC registered nurse? Want to develop a rewarding career with a recognised national charity? If so, this is an amazing opportunity to develop your knowledge in palliative care and work across a range of palliative services.
Sue Ryder provides incredible hospice and neurological care to people facing a life-changing or terminal diagnosis. We do whatever we can to act as a safety net for our patients and their loved ones during the most difficult time of their lives.
We’re a national charity and with the help of our 11,000 volunteers, 450 shops, our dedicated staff and supporters, we provided over 2.5 million hours of care last year.
We are looking for dedicated nurses with experience in palliative care or oncology to join our professional and friendly In-Patient Unit team where you can make a real difference.
Thorpe Hall IPU is a busy 20 bedded unit taking patients for symptom management, psychological support and end of life care. We are a close professional multidisciplinary team with our own consultants, medical team, registered nurses, nursing assistants, family and bereavement support team, occupational therapist, support services and volunteers. Neurological day services on site and a hospice at home service running in the local community.
- £23,946 - £26,228 pa DOE plus excellent enhancements
- Continuation of NHS pension
- Private pension scheme matched at 5%
- Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
- Referral scheme of up to £1,000
- Carer’s leave policy
- 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
- PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services
- Staff discounts of 15% at the Sue Ryder online shop
- Childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme
- Staff loans and company car loans
- Free parking and subsidised meals
- Wellbeing centre and free will writing service
- Development opportunities for all through our structured development framework
- 25 days’ holiday (rising to 30 with service) plus Bank Holidays
We need Registered Nurses who can work well in a close team but also on their own initiative. There is plenty of scope to develop your skills in specialist palliative care and planned career progression through our education programme and development framework is encouraged. So if you are enthusiastic, committed and looking to develop your knowledge in specialist palliative care with an expert national charity, then this should be your next career move.
In this key role, you will:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised care using evidence-based guidelines
- Maintain high standards of care delivery by working collaboratively within regulatory body standards and the Sue Ryder Quality Governance Policy
- Provide support, leadership appraisal and supervision to team members as appropriate
- Act as an ambassador of Sue Ryder to service users and their relatives, colleagues and members of the public
To join our team, you’ll need:
- To be an NMC registered nurse, ideally with post-registration experience in palliative end of life care
- A compassionate and people-centred approach
- Excellent communication skills
Other organisations may call this role Registered Nurse, Staff Nurse, RGN, Registered General Nurse, Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Palliative Care Nurse or Senior Nurse.
Sue Ryder are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
It takes a special sort of person to join our team so if you could see yourself as one of our Registered Nurses, please apply via the button shown.
Sue Ryder is a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (943228). Registered office: Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED