Senior Public Relations Manager
Up to £45,000 per annum and competitive employee benefits
Join Sue Ryder as our new Senior Public Relations Manager for the opportunity to develop and deliver high impact and creative PR strategies. With our new 5 year strategy firmly in place to deliver ‘more care to more people’ it’s an exciting time as we continue to grow our services.
In this role you will play and key part in ensuring we can continue to provide expert palliative, neurological and bereavement support.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications you will develop and grow a proactive PR team to support local and national activity. You will work collaboratively with senior colleagues in the marcoms team to ensure an integrated approach to all of Sue Ryder’s marketing and communications whilst raising brand awareness. You’ll also liaise with the executive and senior leadership teams and other key spokespeople across the charity to ensure they are media trained and briefed.
• Develop a strategic PR plan to increase brand awareness and understanding and transform Sue Ryder’s PR approach to one that is proactively identifying opportunities and developing campaigns, supporting the PR Team to deliver this strategy
• Advise teams across Sue Ryder on the best approach to secure coverage for planned events, activities and support the PR team to implement these approaches
• Ensure our hospices and neurological centres receive appropriate PR support in order to promote their services, raise their profile and support fundraising activity
• Protect Sue Ryder’s reputation through effective crisis communications and reputation management and manage an out of hour’s rota.
• Develop and implement a celebrity ambassador strategy for Sue Ryder, working with a celebrity manager, ensuring they are well supported and managed.
To hit the ground running in this integral role you will have excellent leadership skills in order to develop a team with varying levels of experience in a fast paced environment. You’ll have proven experience of developing and delivering PR strategies as well as experience of reputation management, the ability to manage budgets and the skills to lead on a variety of projects whilst communicating confidently at all levels..
**Competitive Employee Benefits**
Company pension scheme, 25 days holiday - rising to 30 with length of service plus bank holidays, option to buy and sell up to five days holiday, enhanced maternity and paternity pay, paid mileage, enhanced sick pay, cash referral bonus scheme, corporate discount with hundreds of retailers and services, staff discount of 15% on new goods online, salary sacrifice car scheme, online wellbeing centre, free will writing service, staff finance loans, carers leave policy and lots more.
Sue Ryder supports people through the most difficult times of their lives. Whether that’s a terminal illness, the loss of a loved one or a neurological condition – we’re there when it matters. Our doctors, nurses and carers give people the compassion and expert care they need to help them live the best life they possibly can.