Registered Nurse - Bank
Sue Ryder South Oxfordshire Palliative Care Hub, including the Vale of the White Horse & covering the following areas: Abingdon, Didcot, Henley and Wallingford.
£25,038 - £30,401 per annum (depending on experience), £12.84 - £15.15 per hour
Weekends 45%, nights 30% and public holidays 60% and mileage allowance at 45p per mile
Are you an NMC Registered Nurse?
We are calling on NMC Registered Nurses to join our bank register and be part of our palliative care community team who provide home based end of life support across South Oxfordshire Palliative Care Hub.
Sue Ryder supports people through the most difficult times of their lives. Whether that’s a terminal illness, the loss of a loved one or a neurological condition – we’re there when it matters. Our doctors, nurses and carers give people the compassion and expert care they need to help them live the best life they possibly can.
South Oxfordshire Palliative Care Hub - We’re here for people aged 18 and over who are living with conditions like cancer, heart failure and lung disease. We offer a range of services, from inpatient care to a 7-day community nursing service and day services, which helps people stay at home and provides respite to carers. Our expert care team includes doctors, nurses, care assistants, physiotherapists, occupational and complementary therapists, social workers, bereavement support workers and volunteer befrienders.
• Company pension scheme
• Corporate discount with hundreds of retailers and services
• Staff discount of 15% on new goods online at shop.sueryder.org
• Online Wellbeing Centre
• Free Will writing service
• Staff finance loans
• Free onsite parking
• Free uniform
• Subsidised onsite meals and drinks
• Structured induction programme and learning and development opportunities
As a Registered Nurse, you will care for patients in their own homes as part of our exciting new Hospice at Home service.
In this key role, you will:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised care using evidence-based guidelines
- Maintain high standards of care delivery by working collaboratively within regulatory body standards and the Sue Ryder Quality Governance Policy
- Provide support, leadership appraisal and supervision to team members as appropriate
- Act as an ambassador of Sue Ryder to service users and their relatives, colleagues and members of the public
To join our team, you’ll need:
- To be an NMC registered nurse, ideally with post-registration experience in palliative end of life care
- A compassionate and people-centred approach
- Excellent communication skills
We aim to be flexible and are happy to discuss your needs and requirements.
Other organisations may call this role Registered Nurse, Staff Nurse, RGN, Registered General Nurse, Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Palliative Care Nurse or Senior Nurse. Subject to DBS check and on-boarding checks.
It takes a special sort of person to join our team so if you could see yourself as one of our Bank Registered Nurses, please apply.